chapter 14

Jennie Pov

Ahh! I'm irritated! Why don't they accept Lim for Irene? I'm tired, convincing them... Irene stood there like a statue, looking at her father after saying about Lim. As I was thinking all these, aunt spoke, Looking at uncle Siwon.

" not that... that boy..." before aunt could speak,  uncle Siwon shouted harshly. This is the first time seeing him this angry " shut up, don't spoil her by thinking you're supporting her".

"Not that Siwon, we must consider Irene's opinion before making decisions about her life," My father Mino said... aww! I'm proud of him.

"Mino, we didn't bring her up so lovingly to marry her off to some stranger."  Jiwon uncle said, but before anyone could speak, uncle Siwon told.

"No use of discussing all these; tomorrow, it's engagement! Next Thursday, it's marriage, that's all." Uncle Siwon said coldly, looking at Irene unnie.

"Dad, I..."  unnie wanted to tell something, but uncle didn't allow her to speak.

"You've heard, isn't it, and my decision is final, Irene? Whatever am I doing, it's only for your good future." uncle Siwon said and left even though Aunt was trying to stop him.

Irene sat on her bed, taking her knees near to her chest, keeping her head between them. The way she's acting, don't tell me she's accepting this marriage?

" Rene, I know you're sad, you couldn't decide between uncle and Lim, but Limario is a good guy Rene, it's your luck that he loves you. Any girl who dreams of qualities in her husband, Lim, has all those qualities in him. I don't know why you're still undecided even after knowing all this? If you marry a man against your parent's wish, they may feel for 2-3 years only, but if you marry a man you don't like, you may suffer all your life. Remember that you don't have time for Limario to come and convince your parents. Tomorrow is your engagement." I said whatever I felt and gave her the gift Lim gave her while we were leaving, the day before yesterday.

After that, I gave her space to think about her decision and left her room.

Irene's Pov

What am I waiting for? Whatever Jennie said is the truth that I keep thinking...
I slowly opened the gift that Limario gave me. There is a small plushie of bunny and monkey.

Monkey is a nickname given to Lim by Rose and Jennie, and there is a photo album packed. Being curious, I opened... It has all my photos...

From the day he met, he kept all the memories. As I turned papers, there were quotes for every picture, not quotes; it's his feeling... I closed the album and kept it near to my heart...

I got up and packed all my clothes and things, but as I was doing all these, I saw a photo, it was my father and me; mom took that pic when we were playing in the amusement park.