chapter 12

Irene's Pov

I felt terrible for leaving Lim there, but I don't know why I get so tensed up whenever my father calls me. He's not a strict father, but he hates whenever children go against parents' will for love. My aunt left the house with her lover against my grandfather's will, but that man didn't take good care of her, and he started hitting her.

She couldn't take all these, and my grandfather didn't accept her back, which led to her committing suicide. My father couldn't digest her death, and it caused that kind of scars that he doesn't accept the love marriage.

I was thinking all this, and I came to realize that I was already near Bae's restaurant. Yes, this restaurant belongs to my father. He called this morning to meet him to introduce me to one of his old friends and his family. It's like a small get-together.

I got inside and followed the waiter as he knew me. He took me near to the table that's exclusive for VIPs.I saw my parents but was shocked to see Sehun and his family. What's happening???

Thinking all these, I went, greeted everyone. Before I could sit, my father hugged me tightly as he was so happy to see me. As I sat beside my mom, Sehun said "hi" and gave a sweet smile. They were talking about all business, and slowly they started to talk about family and marriage. I was having my meal and in-between glancing at them.

"Irene, I heard that you and Sehun are from the same class; just because we are here, you don't need to be so shy, you both can talk." my mother said gave me a teasing look... oh! not now, please... mom not now. My father chuckled at me, and I just gave a small smile. Again they started talking about business, Sehun asked me some random questions, and he added some food to my plate... I do not like all these gods help me.

"Siwon, I like your daughter for my son, as our business collaboration can increase our power and dignity in society. Irene and sehun are getting along well. Why don't we talk about their marriage? I'm not forcing but think about my suggestion. Sehun also once said that he likes Irene." Sehun father said calmly. My parents were shocked but eventually relaxed and looked at me, but before they could say anything, Sehun spoke.

"Uncle, I know this is so sudden, but I like Irene so much. I said this to Irene many times. I'm not forcing her to decide, and I didn't expect this family meeting. I think we also need to think about business for our future benefits." No... why is this happening now? I'm not ready for all these.

"I like you, Sehun, for my daughter, and I have known your family for years. This is the real reason I wanted to meet you all. I'm pleased to know that you liked my daughter. I'm accepting this, but I still think this is Irene's decision. Let's give her some time as all this must have shocked her." my father said and looked at me sweetly.

After completing the meal, Sehun left with his family, but before that, he gave a tight hug. This boy...

"Rene, baby, I know this is so sudden, but I wanted you to think properly about Sehun. Okay. I'll only give you two days to think, and I think it's getting late; you need to leave." my father said. He kissed my forehead, my mom hugged me, and they left.

I was walking randomly on the streets with slow steps thinking about all the things that happened today. I'm tired but didn't felt like going to the hostel. But suddenly, I heard guitar music and a soft male voice singing...
There was a small crowd near my sight, so I went there to see what was happening but was surprised to see Lim dancing with a beautiful girl. Rose' was playing the guitar, and Jisoo was singing. I saw a board near Rose... oh, they are collecting money for heart patients.

I just stood there looking at Lim... he has a perfect body and attractive smile, at some point we looked at each other, but I don't like that girl being so close to him, the way she's touching Lim, even I wanted to- ... before I could finish thinking, Lim caught my hand and pulled me for a dance.