chapter 16

Limario's Pov

'It seems there's heavy internal bleeding, and surviving chances are thin...' as Minari explained all these to Jisoo... I sat there silently. Everything is blurry... Skyler was still in my hands. I hugged him and slowly went inside the room where Irene was kept.

There Irene was, sleeping on the hospital bed with wires connected to her body. I kept Skyler beside her and sat on the chair near the bed. As Irene sensed that we were near her, she looked at me and gave a sad smile. I can understand her fear, fear of losing us. I took her hand and caught it softly with my hand.

 I took her hand and caught it softly with my hand

Her breathing was slow, and she was crying softly... She asked me to come near her, so I went closer to her.
She slowly touched my face and smiled. In return, I smiled, but it was sad.

"Lim, do you know what I like most about you? Your smile! Even when I'm not here with you, that smile must be intact like that only." Irene said, breathing heavily, and she looked at Skyler caught his little fingers. He's sleeping peacefully.

"I want my father and Skyler to meet. I want my father to know how happy I'm with you..." She said and softly pulled me like she was asking me to kiss.

As we kissed, that's when her breath stopped, that's when I couldn't stop my tears...

A beep sound can be heard...

Even Skyler started crying, as he could understand his mother's touch was not that warm. Jisoo entered and stopped near the door, as he realized that Irene was no more...

I arranged the funeral for Irene... here we lost our two happiness, one is my Irene, and Rose' lost her baby...
Her pregnancy was already very complicated, but she couldn't take Irene's death and losing her baby.

I had informed Irene's parents about Irene's death, but they reacted very rudely, telling me that they didn't have a daughter named Irene. I still made an effort to contact them as it was Irene's last wish that Skyler meeting her family.

It took me days to come out of this sorrow. I always looked at our albums with many pics of Irene, Skyler, and our family. I still can't forget her, but I need to as I have the responsibility of Skyler, and I need to take care of him...

It took years for all of us to heal from this... mainly Rose'.

( flashback completed)

Present time...

As Lim told his story, he didn't realize he was crying until Sky wiped his tears and hugged Lim tightly. In return, Lim also hugged him.

Lim will never forget Irene's words... Lim will smile and be happy even though she's not with him today.

Limario's Pov