Thirty Two

“You can knock you know.” Zaic mumbled, pretty sure that he was redder than a whole bottle of chilli sauce.

“Or….you could just lock the door.” His sister frowned, still wearing the same grave expression she had stormed into Kaenisa’s room with.

He felt his thoughts spiral, flying to what they had been up to and what he would have done had his twin not interrupted them so rudely.

His groin tightened at the thought of being inside her. But at the same time, it scared him, just how much Zaic liked her. 

It was unlike anything he had ever experienced, and the scariest part was that even he had no idea how deep his feelings for Kaenisa ran.

He smiled. 

Zaic had never expected to fall for her this fast. But he had, harder than ever before.

“Any idea what General Cazek wants to talk to you about?” Zaira probed, looking at him sideways.

“You don't?”

“For a change, no.”

Zaic gulped at his sister’s response. What could it be?

Then, a bone-chilling dread began to overtake his body.

‘What if he wanted to talk about Kaenisa? What if he opposed their relationship?’ He shuddered, swallowing once again, hoping he’d make it out alive as they stepped into The General’s room.

----------

Kaenisa huffed, falling onto the bed, very much aware of the wetness in her panties, realizing that she would have to change. 

Her cheeks began to heat up, blushing as the images of what Zaic and she had been up to, flashed past her eyes. 

But a loud chime interrupted her lewd chain of thoughts as Sarina’s text popped up as a hologram above her forearm. 

Are you done taking a bath? Get down here cause it's been forever since you went in there. 

Be there in five.

She replied, glancing at the time.

6:00 pm 

Kaenisa chuckled, heading to the bathroom, warmth spreading through her chest before heading downstairs, a few minutes later only to find Rolan sitting on one of the couches. 

“Where did she run off to after calling me here?” Kaenisa asked, plopping down beside The Russian, who simply shrugged. 

An amicable pause later, he began, “So, Cazek is your father?” 

“It seems that way, yeah.” She nodded, eyebrows raised. 

“Oh how our lives have changed.” He sighed, gaze unfocused as he stared off into space.

“That they have.” Kaenisa agreed. 

“I would have laughed if someone had told me that I’d end up in a foreign country after being kidnapped by supernaturals and taken to a mythical City, fighting ugly hybrid thingies, who were the result of an attack carried by a different planet.” Sarina chimed in, entering the drawing-room before curling up next to The Russian.

“But all that aside. Spill the tea on you and Zaic.” Rolan probed, viridian eyes lighting in anticipation. 

“Omg look at her, turning all red!” Sarina laughed, “You guys look so cute. For real.”