#11~Getting an Upgrade~

A/N: Ugh, sorry if their personalities are getting further and further from reality.
I've just been on an anime spree for a while now, so I'm slowly losing touch in how they'd - Techno, Phil, etc - talk and react to things.

This is why making up characters is easier, but dang, I love making a good fanfic! ;)

A loud explosion tears up the unlucky blocks in its vicinity, leaving no survivors. Once the raging flames are put out, only a gaping, smoldering hole is left in its wake.

"Pass me another one, mate!"

Wilbur leans over the edge of the man-made cavern to toss me something from his inventory. I easily catch it and walk closer to the newly exposed wall of netherrack. I dig a small tunnel into the wall and place the bed. Then, I place a block between me and the bomb, before backing up slightly.

Once I touch the bed as if to sleep, it blows up in my face, taking most of the red blocks around it. My health barely drops due to the diamond protection I suited in beforehand, as well as food ready for a quick heal if things get too rocky, (no pun intended).

Fortunately for us, a strange block is finally uncovered. It's an array of different browns from light to dark, set up in a pattern similar to a pinecone, (yeah, like Minecraft has pinecones, but how else can I explain it?).

When I break a few netherrack around it, a new side is revealed. What I'd assume to be the top and bottom of this block show the interesting shape of rings, like the inside of a tree.

"That has to be it, right?" Wilbur asks.

Mine it already!" Tommy yells out impatiently, bouncing on the tips of his toes, his armour clanking in doing so. Wilbur thumps him on the top of his head, resulting in an angry cry from Tommy and a minor cat fight.

I laugh at their antics and pull out my diamond pick. A vein of three is what I've stumbled upon; how lucky.

I make quick work of the ancient debris and store them safely in my inventory.

"How many beds do we have left!?" I shout up to Wilbur and Tommy. Seeing as my bed collection has been exhausted, I rely on the other two - Tubbo out doing who knows what.

"I've got three!"

"Well, I have four! So, hah!"

The boys chuck down the last of them to me, and I collect the beds before any leftover flames from the last bomb can swallow them up. In preparation for the next explosion, I take a quick swig of one of our newly acquired fire resistance potions.

We, as in I, continue blowing up deep into the mounds of netherrack around us. By the end of it all, six ancient debris blocks are in my possession.

I climb out from the pit and wipe sweat from my forehead with a content sigh.

"Lets go upgrade our armour and weapons now!" Tommy eagerly raises up his fists in triumph.

"But for who and what? We have to share between me, you, Phil and tubbo, remember?" Wilbur says.

"We can do me first, and the next ones we find can go to Tubbo," the child offers greedily. The only thing he's getting is a swift kick to the shin.

"OW! Wilbur, you b*tch!"

"Shut up, child! The adults are talking now." Wilbur turns to me with an all too innocent smile, while the british blondie pouts in the background.

I chuckle and respond, "Well, actually, six ancient debris only means one netherite ingot, which also only means one of us can upgrade one item."

"I'll gladly volunteer to take it, old man," Tommy butts in and holds out a hand smugly. Wilbur "accidently" steps in front of Tommy, blocking him from me.