Chapter-6

Around eight at night, Wen Qing return from her shift. She feels silence in house.

She looks around and found no one. She walk to kitchen and found Yanli. Yanli, “You are back?”

Wen Qing, “Yes jiejie. Where are all? It is so quiet here”.

Yanli, “Uncle Lan take his family along with him. So only, we five are in the house.

Wen Qing, “Five?”

Yanli, “Yes my family, you and A-Cheng”.

Wen Qing nod asking, “Let me help you”.

Yanli, “No, you go to your room. You must be tired and I am done anyways”.

Wen Qing was about to leave but Yanli stop her, “A-Qing can I ask you a personal question?”

Wen Qing nodding, “Yes jiejie?”

Yanli, “Do you like someone?”

Wen Qing shake her head. Yanli relief when Wen Qing say no.

Yanli, “What do you think about my A-Cheng? I mean will you like to give him a chance to date you?”

Wen Qing slowly lower her eyes not meeting Yanli eyes.

Yanli put her hand on her shoulder, “You do not have to answer it now. Take your time and remember no one is forcing you. Go to your room and get freshen up”.

Wen Qing nod and leave the kitchen but stop when see Jiang Cheng standing outside. Both of their eyes met. Jiang Cheng feel hurt when Wen Qing does not answer Yanli question.

He first avert his eyes and leave from there. Wen Qing keep looking at his retreating figure. She recalls of afternoon talk where Yanli speak Jiang Cheng wanting to help her and her family.

She also walk to her room. At dinnertime, both Jiang Cheng and Wen Qing avoid each other eyes. Yanli notice this but opt to remain silent.

After dinner Jiang Cheng, roam around the garden with Jasmine. Minutes later, Wen Qing walk to garden asking, “Why you like me? I am a Wen”.

Jiang Cheng, “Not every Wen is a killer. There are some Wen so heal people not kill”.

Wen Qing, “In past, you never think like that. For you and others we all were Wen dogs even though we heal”.

Jiang Cheng, “I know. Only Wei Ying was your side when you needed someone. Of course, you must like him because he was the one who was standing besides, protecting your family. As you always wanted.

I am sorry but he belongs to someone else and I am not going to let you ruin his relationship. After so many hardships he has finally get his happiness”.

Wen Qing chuckle, “Of course in past, everyone talk about me being in relationship with Wei Wuxian.

Everyone assumes I was his girlfriend or more as his wife. They never knew what place Wei Wuxian hold in my heart. He was the savior who was send to me by heavens who protected my family.

He return his favor by hurting himself. He gave me the happiness when everyone wants us to die.

Wei Wuxian give me back my brother whom I love the most in this world. Yes, I used to like Wei Wuxian but only as a brother, my savior and we used to share a brother-sister bond.

I know he likes second Lan Gongzi yet he never realize”.

Jiang Cheng, “He was really stupid”.

Wen Qing, “Yes he was stupid but I am happy now he get what he deserves the most”.

Jiang Cheng, “Me too”.

Wen Qing, “You know the reason why I did not accept your gift back then?”

Jiang Cheng, “You do not like me”.

Wen Qing gets silent for some time. Minutes later she speak, “Why you talk about us in conference meetings?”

Jiang Cheng, “Somehow I also want to save you and your family just like Wei Ying. You want them to be safe and live a happy life”.

Wen Qing, “Same I also wanted you to be safe. I do not want you or Wei Wuxian to get indulge with Wens.