Chapter-16

Nie Huaisang, “I want to apologize properly for colliding with you earlier making you drop your snack”.

Rao Hong, “This is too much and A-jie was right it was my fault too. I was not paying attention to where I was walking. Take this back”.

She tries to return the packet but Nie Huaisang did not take it.

Nie Huaisang, “No take it and enjoy them. You seems to like these snacks”.

Rao Hong, “Even if I like them I cannot take these”.

Nie Huaisang, “But I want you to be happy. I do not like your teary face. I always want you to smile like earlier. You look pretty with that smile of yours”.

Rao Hong gets embarrassed hearing Nie Huaisang words and look in other direction not meeting his eyes.

Nie Huaisang realize what he say and himself gets embarrassed, “Let me take you to your jie”.

Saying this he walk forward. Rao Hong silently follow him.

After walking for half an hour, they reach meeting point. Rao Fen seeing her baby sister run to Rao Hong and hug her tight, “I was so scared. Please do not leave like this. I cannot afford to lose you too”.

Rao Hong also hug her jie tight, “I am sorry jie. I will not do this again from now on”.

Rao Hong let go of the hug and thanks Nie Huaisang, “Thank you so much sir for helping me find my sister”.

Nie Huaisang, “It was nothing ma’am”.

Rao Hong and Rao Fen thank them all and take their leave after bowing to them.

Nie Huaisang keep looking at Rao Hong retreating figure but is bring back to present by Wei Ying teasing.

Wei Ying, “Of course he would help maiden Rao Feng find her sister. After all, they are going to be family right Nie brother. Sister-in-law at first and later marry Rao Hong”.

Nie Huaisang, “Wei brother there is nothing…”

His words are cut when suddenly Rao Hong walk to him, “You better be true to your words mister or else I will break this fan of yours. Thank you for helping me earlier”

Saying this she hand him a snack and run away from there. Everyone gets surprised and ask him what happen.
Nie Huaisang keep looking at the snack in his hand.

Wei Ying tries to snatch it but Nie Huaisang act fast and dodge his attack keeping the snack safe with him. Nie Huaisang, “Nothing special happen Wei brother. I just help her”.

Wei Ying sulk and hold into Wangji hand, “Lan Zhan Nie brother is not giving me snack. Your Xianxian is hungry”.

Lan Zhan knowing his lover tactic take out snack from qukin bag and hand it to him.

Wei Ying happily takes it and start eating it after kissing Lan Zhan cheeks, “My Lan Zhan is best”.

All of them return to Cloud recess before the curfew time. All of them retire to their room tired from today’s journey.

Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen walk to orchid room to greet Lan Qiren and Lan Hauling. After greeting Lan Wangji, return to his room.

Lan Qiren, “I heard what happen at biling lake. Is it true that Nie Huaisang fight with them and uses new cultivation technique successfully?”

Lan Xichen, “Yes it is true uncle and father”.

Lan Qiren stroking his goatee, “It is good that boy is learning to cultivate”.