Chapter-21

Qiao nod and lay her on granny lap. Granny pats her head and start telling her story of clans, “There are five clans in this cultivation world…”

Others take their leave giving them privacy. Qiao silently keep listening to the story.

Once granny Wen finish telling her everything, it was already late. She look down and found Qiao already sleeping.

Around eight, Wen Qing and Wen Ning both enter the room and found Qiao sleeping.

Wen Ning, “Jie she is already asleep”.

Granny put fingers on her lips asking them to be silent.

Wen Qing, “What about her dinner granny?”

Granny, “Leave it here. She will eat it later herself”.

Wen Ning, “You sure granny?”

Granny, “If not then Wen Ning can ask her tomorrow morning”.

Wen Ning smiling nod. Wen Qing place the dinner on nearby table and leave the room. Granny Wen cover Qiao with a quilt and leave the room kissing her forehead.

Wen Qing, “Granny let me walk you back to your room. A-Ning you go back to your room”.

Wen Ning nod and leave from there. Wen Qing, “Granny how she is now?”

Granny, “She will learn everything just give her time”.

Wen Ning wants to ask more things but remain silent.

Granny, “Ask what you want to ask?”

Wen Qing, “Was she really locked in dungeon?”

Granny, “Yes you do not believe me?”

Wen Qing, “It is not like that granny. It is jut everyone is going to talk something about her from now on”.

Granny, “Qiao is a strong girl trust me”.

Wen Qing, “Are you hiding something from me granny?”

Granny, “When time will come you will get to know about it”.

Wen Qing, “This is cheating granny. You are my granny first later hers. You should not hide things from me”.

Granny, “You have Jiang family to take care of you. You are part of their family but Qiao only has us now as family”.

After teasing her, she walk to her room leaving Wen Qing behind.

Next morning, Qing wake up and meditate. Wen Qing walk to Qing room with Wen Ning.

Hearing footstep sound Qiao open her eyes slowly and met with a new smiling face. She greets them, “Good morning”.

Wen Ning place the food tray on table greeting, “Good morning maiden Wen”.

Qiao, “It is jie for you little didi. I can call you that right?”

Wen Ning smiling nod, “Yes jie”.

Wen Qing, “I will take my leave. A-Ning makes sure your jie finish whole breakfast. I do not want any leftover. After that give her medicine”.

Wen Ning, “Yes jie”.

Wen Qing leave the room leaving the duo.

Wen Ning take the bowl and extend it towards Qiao. Qiao smiling takes the bowl and ask him to seat beside her. Wen Ning follows and sit beside her.

Qiao, “Wen Ning tell me something about you and your jie. About granny family also”.

Wen Ning nod and start telling her stories of his childhood with granny Wen. He excitedly told her about Wen Qing being engaged to Jiang Cheng”.

Qiao surprised ask, “Wen Qing is already engaged?”

Wen Ning nodding, “Yes she is already engaged with young master Jiang. Even his elder brother young master Wei is also engaged with young master Lan”.

Qiao, “When did they get engaged?”

Wen Ning, “Before the siege at Nightless city”.

Qiao, “Tell me about her engagement”.

Wen Ning nodding start the story, “When childe Wei and childe Lan return form Yiling mountain after successfully creating Stygian Tiger Amulet that day itself Madam Jiang announce they are going to get engaged.