Chpater-28

Qiao, “What is there to blame? No one knows what pain he has gone through. Losing someone beloved in front of your eyes is very painful.

One can only long for them but they never return. At that time we want to be alone yet we want to be with someone who understand us”.

Lan Hauling, “Looks like Miss. Qiao has also lost someone beloved to her”.

Qiao remain silent. Lan Hauling, “I am sorry if I hurt Miss. Qiao”.

Qiao, “It is nothing like that master Lan”.

Lan Hauling, “What are you doing here in Gusu? Are you here to study?” Qiao remain silent.

Lan Hauling, “If I am not wrong you are here for your marriage right? You are Wen Qiao whose engagement is fixed with elder childe Lan Xichen”.

Qiao, “Yes, I am here for marriage”.

Lan Hauling, “Are you afraid?”

Qiao, “Why should I be? It is my own decision. This time I am not letting others get hurt because of other actions”.

Lan Hauling, “Why would you pay your other actions?”

Qiao, “Because the person who hurt him is related to me. Even if I am not the one who hurt them, still I cannot forget them.

They are my family. And we all want our family to be safe and that is what I am doing just like clan leader Lan Hauling”.

Lan Hauling, “You believe elder Lan?”

Qiao, “Yes, I believe he will never break his promise”.

Lan Hauling, “How are you sure about that?”

Qiao frown at Qingheng Jun words, “You do not believe in him?”

Lan Hauling, “Of course I believe in him. Before Lan Hauling he was Lan clan leader and in past he always lead the sect with proficiency”.

Qiao, “Then why are you asking me this question?”

Qingheng Jun gets impressed with her words. He smile thinking his brother did great by choosing Wen Qiao as their daughter-in-law.

Qiao once again start feeding rabbits waiting for Qingheng Jun words. From distance, Qingheng Jun sees a disciple walking towards them.

He signal him to leave. Disciple nod and leave from there. Qingheng Jun, “We should return back. It is already evening”.

Qiao remembers about her evening meeting with father-in-law.
Qiao, “I am sorry but I will take my leave first. I have to be present at meeting hall”.

Saying this he take off the robe and give it back to Lan Hauling. The said person smile and once again drape it over her shoulder.

Qingheng Jun smiling “Wear it or else you will catch fever. Let me walk you to meeting hall. I am also going there only”.

Qiao confused, “Why are you going there?”

Qingheng Jun, “Because you are going there”.

Saying this he walk away first. Qiao confused silently follow him. They meet many disciples who bow to Lan Hauling. Said person acknowledge their presence with a nod.

However, before they greet him as clan leader Lan Hauling cast silencing spell on them. All disciples confused leave from there. Qiao also bow to each one of them making sure she remembers the path.  

After walking for a while, they both reach meeting hall. Qiao stop in front of meeting hall feeling nervous thinking about her A-Niang and Wen family.