|2| SHIRABU

I kick a few rocks nervously as I near my house. The sun set around 15 minutes ago, and this is when I'm at peace most of the time. The night sky just looks so peaceful. Honestly I wish I'd just die right here and right now so I could possibly be one of those glowing planets.

     When I first dropped out of high school, I'd go to the Hollywood sign and gaze at the city lights and stars. My parents didn't care, neither did my brother. I was alone, but it was a nice feeling of loneliness. It felt like I could finally relax and be myself.

     After a few more minutes of slow walking, I reached my home. The grass in front of the two story house, being dead and brown. The vehicles in the driveway rusted, and old. Nearing the front door, I open it and step inside quietly.

     Upon closing the door, I quietly kick my shoes off and walk towards the stairs.

     "KENJIROU!" My dad calls in an angry tone. I freeze in place before slowly turning around. A taller, bigger, man walks up to me with a menacing aura. Shit!

     "F-Father.." I say quietly, my body beginning to tremble violently. My dad flips on the light and harshly grabs onto my chin, forcing me to look at him. This is when I'm most vulnerable. He takes advantage of the fact that I'm weak and tired from work and walking home.

     "You dare come home this late?" He says neutrally, making me even more petrified.

     "...The buses stopped running.." I cry out pathetically at the sudden pain forming in my jaw bone. He's gripping onto my chin too hard.

     "So? CALL A GODDAMN CAB!" Blinking as tears form and skid down my face, I try weakly to back away from his grip. Even if I did try to pry his hands off, it'd be useless because he's far stronger than I am.

     "I-I'm sorry." At this, my dad grips onto my neck and tightens his grip. I choke slightly as he shoves me into the wall, causing me to grip tightly around his wrist. After a few seconds, he let's go and drops me to the ground.

     "Still can't believe you're a Shirabu." He says venomously, turning around and walking back into the living room. This all happens both when he's sober, and when he's drunk as hell.

     But great, my throat is most likely damaged.

-

     "Shirabu, pleaseee! You need to call the fucking cops on them!" Athena tries to reason with me by getting in my face. I only grimace in response and gently shove her away so I can get back to getting rid of expired food.

     "I'd rather not." I deadpan, leaving Athena dumbfounded. She knows about my home issues, and always insists on calling the police. She knows I want revenge too, that's why I don't want to call the police.

     I want to find someone, or a group of people, who have the same passions as me. Don't really care if they're sadistic like me, or not. That's all them, I have nothing to do with who people are. Unless I force someone to be better.

     "You really are stuck on this revenge thing.. Huh?"

     "Yes, in fact, I am. I'm tired."

     Athena grabs onto my shoulder which makes me flinch before relaxing. God, I think I'm starting to get PTSD or some shit.. That is, if I don't have it already. I do get flashbacks to whenever Dylan used me for his own pleasure. They sicken me..

     "Shirabu.. Please.. You're slowly killing yourself."

     I pause my actions and turn to look at the burgundy haired woman. Her brown eyes are desperate and sad. Damn, she must really care about me that much..