6. He Looked Happy

Date: September 2nd

It was Monday. Everybody loved Mondays... right?

No.

Nobody loves Mondays.

That applies to Sunghoon, who absolutely hates them.

"Dude, what are you doing tonight?" A student asked him while he was at his locker.

"Your mom," he said, snickering when the guy walked away. He wasn't a jerk. But that guy was.

He didn't hang out with people like that. Sunghoon was popular for his looks, but he only hung out with certain people for a reason. He didn't hang out with... bullies.

Now now, I know what you're thinking. Sunghoon doesn't bully Jay. They treat each other the same. It's just a hatred that stemmed from a competitive childhood.

And... Sunghoon breaking Jay's ankle... but that's an explanation for another day.

When he was done at his locker, he went to lunch where his friends were waiting for him.

"Hey," Heeseung said, scooting over for him. "What took you so long?"

"Oh... I was just at my locker."

"Or were you texting your summer love?" Sunoo giggled, making Sunghoon roll his eyes.

"Stay out of grown folks business."

They all started laughing and Sunghoon watched with wide eyes as Jay walked over.

"I finished the project," he said, handing multiple papers to Jake. "I tried texting you."

"Oh yeah... Sunghoon told me to block you on Facebook." Jay looked at Sunghoon in annoyance and the boy just shrugged while drinking juice from a straw. "Well, good job, I mean. I was gonna help you-"

"Don't worry about it."

Jay glared at Sunghoon one last time before walking away, and they all said, "damnnn".

While they were all making assumptions as to why the two of them hated each other, Sunghoon rolled his eyes.

"Can you guys like... not talk about what you think my love history was like? I'm in a relationship now. I don't like that you guys think of me with anyone else other than Kangdae."

You mean he doesn't like the thought of you with anyone else besides him, Jake thought.

Jake was smart. From the first time he met the guy, he thought something was off about him.

*Two months ago*

"Babe, this is Heeseung, Sunoo, and Jake," Sunghoon said, introducing his boyfriend to his best friends.

They all sat in Sunghoon's living room talking. They had a pretty decent time, and Jake was pretty much off in his own world until something happened.

"Can you go get me a beer?" Kangdae asked Sunghoon who was sitting on his lap.

"We don't have that."

"Do you have any alcohol?"

"My dad has whiske-"

"Can I have some?"

"He said we couldn't have any of his alcoh-"

"That wasn't a request Darling. You know that."

Jake just continuing staring down at the floor, acting like he didn't hear what just happened. But Sunghoon came back with a bottle of alcohol and a smile on his face.

That's all that mattered, right?

That Sunghoon had a smile on his face.

That he looked happy.

"Do you want some?" Kangdae asked, and Jake realized he was talking to him.

"Huh?"

"I said "do you want some"?" He repeated more assertively.

Jake watched him forcefully pour a shot of it down Sunghoon's throat, making him cough violently, but he started laughing afterwards.

Why was he still laughing?

"Kid, I'm fucking talking to you." When they all looked at him, Kangdae started laughing like he was joking and then they did too. "I'm just playing. But seriously, do you want some?"

Jake frowned when Sunghoon got up to go get some water and shook his head.

"No thank you. I don't like the taste of alcohol," he said.