9. Bruise

"Usually my dad drives me to school," Sunghoon grumbled as they sat next to each other on a public bus. "Aren't you rich? Can't you just get an Uber or something?"

Jay shook his head and put his earbuds in, still mad that Sunghoon didn't eat any breakfast. Soon, they made it to the bus stop and got off, but Sunghoon looked around in confusion.

"We're like twenty minutes away from our school."

"Why do you think we took an early bus?" Jay laughed and Sunghoon rolled his eyes. "I do this every day. You'll live Princess."

"Call me that again and you're dead."

Jay just chuckled and started walking, Sunghoon following him in annoyance.

"So... how are things with you and Kangdae?"

Sunghoon rolled his eyes. "Why would you want to know?"

"I'm just curious. How were things going before last night?"

"If you must know..." Sunghoon tended to start a lot of his sentences with that. "I love him. So stay out of it."

Jay nodded. "Did he call you this morning?"

"Yes. Now shut up."

But everyone knew Jay was nothing if not determined. And now, he was determined to get on Sunghoon's nerves until the boy opened up to him.

"What did he say?"

"Fuck. Off. Jay Park."

He smirked. "When you're drunk, you just say truth that you wouldn't normally say while sober. You called me caring last night."

Sunghoon scoffed. "Whatever. You're just making shit up as the annoying guy you always were." He shook his head. "Go pester someone else and leave me alone."

"No."

At that, Sunghoon exasperatedly stomped his foot and stopped walking. "What the fuck, Jay?!"

"What?"

"Why do you have to be so Goddamn nosey all the time?!"

"Why are you yelling?"

This made Sunghoon stop and widen his eyes. He was genuinely confused as to why Jay wasn't yelling too. Usually one of them would start the screaming match, but the other wouldn't just calmly give up.

"Why are you not yelling?!" Jay just shrugged and turned on his heels to continue walking. Unsurprisingly, this made Sunghoon mad.

But he just followed him until they got to school, Jay immediately bombarded by his friends.

"You left last night without us, so we went to your house, and your mom said you were... helping..." Jungwon trailed off when he saw Sunghoon standing behind him.

"You would've done the same," Jay replied. "Anyway, I'm glad the two of you are okay. Good job for not drinking I guess." They started walking away, but Sunghoon tripped and fell, making Jay immediately go to his aid. "You okay?"

"Yeah... just... I'm still tired after last night."

Niki looked down, confusion on his face when he saw a bruise on Sunghoon's lower back where his shirt lifted a little bit.

"Come on," Jungwon said, grabbing his hand to pull him inside and to their homeroom.

Maybe Sunghoon Hyung is just clumsy, Niki thought.

"I never thought I would tell you thank you," Sunghoon said as they also walked to homeroom. "But thank you for helping me last night."

Jay nodded. "Like I said, it would've been rude of me to not help you." They walked into the room and all eyes turned to them, some people giggling.

"Some people said they saw you two leave together last night," someone said and everyone started giggling more.

"Guess the feud is off?"

"It's nobody's business what happened last night," Jay said, going to sit down in his normal seat with Sunghoon sitting in front of him. "And nothing did happen. I took him to my house so he was safe."

Sunghoon smiled a little bit and then wiped it away.

He didn't actually think what Jay did was endearing, did he?