15. Hatred

Date: November 15th

"Mom," Jay said, entering the house with Sunghoon following behind him. "We're working on something for school."

"Okay?" She shrugged and took a drink of her wine, making him laugh and gesture for Sunghoon to follow him. "Child, what happened to you?" She asked in horror.

"I fell down the stairs," he chuckled awkwardly, making Jay sigh.

She walked over and put her hands on his waist, gasping loudly. "You're so skinny! Is it because of the pain medication? Baby, I'm gonna make you some food. Just go upstairs to Jay's room and sit down, okay?"

Sunghoon nodded, eyes widening when she squished his cheeks before walking away to the kitchen.

"If you do not want your boyfriend dead, I would recommend not telling her about him," Jay said, helping him up the stairs. "Matter of fact, do tell her about him."

Sunghoon groaned and sat in Jay's desk chair. "I told you to butt out."

"No, you told me not to tell anyone. Which... I haven't yet."

He was waiting for the right time. Maybe he could make Sunghoon genuinely hate him again before he did.

"No. No "yet". Stop acting like a hero and stay out of it."

"If I was a hero, Kangdae would already be in jail. I'm just trying to get you to hate me again first."

Sunghoon tilted his head. "What do you mean? I do hate you." He turned Jay's computer on. "What's your password?"

"Don't try to change the subject. Why haven't you yelled at me at all today?"

"Why haven't you yelled at me?"

"Because I'm trying to get you out of a bad relationship. I'm not gonna make your mental state any worse." He stood up and went to go type in his password, stopping to think about something. "What you say when you're drunk is just the truth that you wouldn't say when you're sober."

He looked at Sunghoon who was looking down at his fingers.

"I was having a bad day. Especially with Kangdae. I just wanted to have something to cheer myself up. And yes, I think you're hot. Everyone in their right mind thinks you're hot."

"Can I ask you what happened after the party?"

"I don't really remember a lot of it, but..."

Jay internally smiled a little bit. Sunghoon was actually opening up to him.

"He hit me. Like he thought that it was your fault, but he hit me anyway. And I fell on the bed, and... we had sex."

"You... but you were dunk."

"But he's my boyfriend, so it was consensual."

Jay shook his head. "That's not how it works. Kangdae was definitely not drunk. Even if you said yes, he took advantage of you. You weren't in your right mind when you kissed me, so you probably weren't in your right mind when you went home with him."

Sunghoon thought for a moment and then his eyes widened. "I-I kissed you?"

"Yes..."

"And you didn't want me to?" Jay shook his head and Sunghoon looked away. "Everything I did to you that night was sexual harrassment."

He started crying and Jay shook his head. "No. You were drunk. You didn't know what you were doing." He stood up to hug Sunghoon, although it was awkward since they've never actually hugged before. "Shh. It's okay."

Sunghoon grabbed Jay's arm that was around his chest, holding it tightly as he continued crying.

If Jay hated him, did that mean this is what hatred felt like?

Why was Jay comforting him more than Kangdae ever did?

And why did he like this hatred more than Kangdae's "love"?

A/N: This chapter was written before everything that happened today, but I will continue this story when everything clears up.