20. Thank You, Jay Park

*The next day*

Jay was tired. Right now he just sat in a chair next to Sunghoon's hospital bed, scrolling on his phone as sleep tried to take him.

"I guess this changes things, huh?" Sunghoon asked and Jay looked over at him with wide eyes.

Things about him changed. Well first of all, Jay could see how skinny he was now because of the lack of an oversized hoodie and sweatpants. But in those couple of days...

Those horrific couple of days...

Bleach was poured over Sunghoon, making parts of his black hair blonde and brown, and leaving light burns all over his body.

Jay smiled softly and nodded. "I guess so..."

"It was so bad." Jay heard Sunghoon sniffle and looked at him again in concern. "It was so bad, Jay."

"I'm sorry..." he whispered, placing his hand over Sunghoon's. "I could never imagine what you went through."

"I thought he loved me, but that night was really bad. And then I woke up in his basement. And my arms are still kind of asleep." He looked at Jay and shook his head. "He raped me so many times in the last couple of days." He cried softly, looking away so Jay couldn't see it.

Jay just nodded and kissed his hand, deciding to not say anything. Sunghoon understood that. What were you supposed to say to someone who was crying and talking about their trauma?

"And I think that... what helped me realize everything was you."

"How?" Jay tilted his head.

Sunghoon looked at him and smiled a little bit while still crying. "I liked the way you started treating me. And I realized that I want that more than whatever I had with Kangdae. You don't know... how relieved I was that it was you who saved me."

Jay bit his lip and nodded again as tears threatened to spill from his eyes too.

"Because I know that you would never hurt me. And I know I can trust you. And this entire time, I've been full of such hatred towards you, but after everything we've been through... I love you, Mocking Jay."

Jay nearly blushed and looked down, shaking his head when Sunghoon started panicking. "It's okay. I know you're just drowsy from the pain medication. You just say stuff you don't mean."

"I mean it," Sunghoon whispered and Jay's eyes widened.

"But... I thought you hated me," he said, standing up.

"That was back then, you idiot." He giggled and intertwined their fingers. "Thank you, Jay Park."

Jay bit his lip and nodded, leaning down to kiss Sunghoon's forehead. "Of course."

When he left, Sunghoon genuinely started crying at the fact that Jay didn't say it back.

"And also..." Jay said, standing in the doorway. "The feeling is mutual, Ice Prince." He smirked at Sunghoon's shocked expression before leaving, and the boy threw his head back in complete awe.

Then he giggled and looked at Jay's stuff that was in the corner of the room.

"Why did it take me so long to realize?" He asked himself.