16. Exhausted

*Same day*

"You said Kangdae's in Japan, right?" Jay asked and Sunghoon nodded.

"Until next Saturday."

Jay was glad. It gave him time to think about how to get Sunghoon out of the situation before Kangdae was back.

They walked downstairs to the kitchen after studying for a little bit and saw that Jay's mom was done making dinner.

"Good. Come eat. Sunghoon, eat," she said in a warning tone and his eyes widened.

Jay just chuckled and went to sit down, gesturing for Sunghoon to do the same. "She's just protective," he said. "You'll get used to it."

Sunghoon tilted his head. "What do you mean I'll get used to it?" He asked, sitting down.

"In case you come over here again." They just moved on and Jay's mom left, leaving them there alone. "You wanna play video games or something after this?"

Sunghoon shrugged. "I don't know."

"I just know you always like playing video games with your friends."

"I haven't really... been hanging out with them a lot lately."

Jay looked at him and then down, knowing damn well who's fault it was. "You choose Kangdae over your friends?"

"It's not my fault," he whispered, and Jay's eyes widened. He blamed something on Kangdae for once. "I wanna hang out with them. Kangdae is just... clingy."

Right.

"We can do whatever you want," Jay said as they ate.

His plan to make Sunghoon hate him again wasn't going well. Sure, he always hated Sunghoon, but now, the fact that the younger was being somewhat nice to him made him even more charming.

After they were done, they played video games like Jay suggested and Sunghoon went to the bathroom at some point. But when Jay heard him gagging, he quickly went to the bathroom to stop him.

"Stop!" Sunghoon yelled. "Just leave me alone!"

"Please," Jay whispered, holding him tightly. "Stop it. Stop it!" Sunghoon stopped struggling, panting as Jay rendered him completely immobile. "Stop doing this to yourself! I care about you too much to let you do this!"

Sunghoon teared up and shook his head, struggling again to get away. "No! Jay, we're not friends! We never were! Go back to hating me so things can be how they used to be!"

"They'll never be how they used to be." Sunghoon finally gave up, exhausted, and Jay grabbed his hand. "I will never go back to hating you. Because I've realized that I care about you more than anyone, even though I've never shown it."

Sunghoon shut his eyes and relaxed against Jay's chest, taking deep breaths as he thought about everything.

"Great confession. But I still hate you."

"That's fine. That's actually perfect."

He needed to do something.