12. I Trust You

Date: September 20th

"Are you going to the party with us tonight?" Heeseung asked, making Sunghoon shrug.

"I don't know. I'll see if my boyfriend's free so he can come too."

"You've been spending a lot of time with him," Sunoo said, in awe at the relationship he thought was cute.

They continued walking and Sunghoon saw Jay also walking down the hall with his friends. They made eye contact and he nervously looked down. But as they walked past, Jay slipped a note into his hand and purposefully bumped into his shoulder, making him audibly scoff and shake his head.

"Dumbass," he whispered, walking to his next class that he didn't have with his friends to read the note.

I need to talk to you. Be on the roof at 10:45 a.m.

10:45?

Such an odd time.

That was in ten minutes, during his class, but they were just working on stuff, so when the time rolled around, he asked to use the restroom. Grabbing his things, he quickly left and ran upstairs to the highest floor to climb a ladder up to the door.

"10:47. You're late."

"Fuck off," he groaned, standing up and walking over to Jay who was standing by the edge. "So what is this? Are you finally going to take your anger out on me?"

"I would never do that," Jay shook his head. "And... your boyfriend shouldn't either." Sunghoon rolled his eyes and Jay shook his head. "Don't give me that. He isn't right for you."

"How do you know what's right for me?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. "You are the last person who would know what makes me happy. You hate me. You don't know anything about me-"

"Your birthday is December 8th, your favorite color is white, you have a younger sister, you like shoes, clothes, and you get a latte whenever you score high on your tests. And every other Saturday, you would go to figure skating competitions. But all of a sudden, since you met your boyfriend, you stopped going. Why?"

Sunghoon's eyes were wide and he stuttered. "H-how do you know all that?"

"Because... through our arguments over the years, we told each other everything. And I remembered everything. We argued about who had the harder life, and while doing that, we told each other about our darkest times. And no matter how much we've hated each other, we never let the other one's secrets out. You can trust me, Sunghoon. Just tell me what's going on."

Sunghoon bit his lip and looked down, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "Can you just accept that... this time I don't wanna argue about it?" He asked, looking up at him. "I'm going through a lot, and it's personal. I trust you Jay. But this is something I need to deal with on my own."

"If he hurt you-"

"He doesn't hurt me! I'm clumsy, you know that. And I choose to not eat! Bring me to a mental hospital and do whatever you want! Just don't take him away from me!" He cried, and Jay sighed.

"Sunghoon," he said, walking over to gently grab his hand. "I need you to tell me if he hurts you, okay?"

Sunghoon nodded, his face turning to anger as he stomped away. "I'll stop talking to you. Just leave me alone, okay?"

Even though Jay said okay, we all know he didn't mean it.