5. Layla

Date: August 31st

"So for your guys' first big project, I'll be putting you in partners," the teacher said after passing everything out.

Everybody groaned when they looked at it and saw that it was just a research paper.

"Nope. None of that. This will be fun. Now for your partners... Kim Seungmin and Choi Jongho, Yang Jeongin and Jung Wooyoung, Kang Taehyun and Huening Kai, Jay Park and Jake Sim..."

She continued naming the pairings and Jay turned around to look at his old friend.

Jake was a very caring person.

Even though his current friend hated Jay, he smiled at the boy and grabbed his bag to move over and sit by him.

"You wanna come over to my house later to work on the project?" Jake asked, looking the paper over.

After school, Jay went to his house. He knew where it was after hanging out with him so often back then, and he also knew Jake's parents.

"Hey, come in," his mom said, and he did. "We haven't seen you in a while."

"I know... sorry, I'm really busy."

"That's alright. You can just go upstairs."

He nodded and walked upstairs, bumping into someone while making his way to Jake's room.

"What the fuck?" Sunghoon asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I would ask you the same thing if I was stupid," Jay said, rolling his eyes and walking into Jake's room.

Their friend group was hanging out in it, making it insanely awkward for him.

"Jake, what is he doing here?" Sunghoon asked.

"Oh, grow up. We're working on a project together for science." He walked over to sit at his desk and turn on his computer while his friends were all confused.

"I thought we hated him and his friend group?" Heeseung asked, gasping when Sunoo lightly hit his arm.

"Not all of them," he sighed like he was in love and Jay's eyes widened.

Sunoo had a crush on one of his friends?

"Well who I'm partners with isn't my choice," Jake said, clicking on something.

Jay sighed at that and glared at Sunghoon. "You're a prick."

Sunghoon's eyes widened. "I didn't even say anything to you!"

"Stop fighting!" Jake said, obviously annoyed. "We're doing our project on dogs." Jay looked over at Jake's dog, Layla, and smiled.

"Interesting..."

They talked about what to do for a while. They didn't really have to do a lot. They were just talking about the differences between canines and other types of animals. The entire time, Sunghoon was lying on the bed, giggling about his boyfriend, Jay assumed.

"Can you shut up?" Jay asked, making Jake smack him in the arm.

"Stop it. He's my friend."

Jay looked at Sunghoon who was glaring at him and then stood up. "I'm gonna go."

"But we're not finished."

"I'll call you and we can work on it then."

He walked out and Jake sighed.

"Why do you hate him so much?" He asked, looking at Sunghoon.

The boy shrugged. "I don't know."