Chapter 21

Walking outside, you were stopped by seeing Sabastian with a black duffel bag a few feet away from you, just about to jump into the car. "Oh hey! You are -" You trailed off, thinking hard.

Looking a bit startled, Sabastian played it off cool with a warm smile. "Sabastian." He aided.

"Ah right! Sabastian." You snapped your fingers. "How have you been? You here to visit Hisoka?" You asked, feeling rather lonely without anyone to talk too.

Thank God Sabastian decided to change his blood stained shirt.

"I'm lovely Ms S/n. And indeed I have already. If you are looking for Hisoka , I think I spotted him sitting by the lake behind the house." Sabastian informed, rather in a hurry to get rid of Hidan's chopped up body in the bag.

"Oh thank you! I'll see you around then." You said, noticing Sabastian's social cue of needing to go.

It took you by surprise to know Hisoka had a lake behind his house.

Taking in a few spoons from a small chocolate ice tub you found in the freezer, you gradually strolled to Hisoka's direction, whom was at least 500 more metres far. Making sure you didn't slip on the wet grass. Of course only you would come out with just socks while it's lightly drizzling.

"Penny for your thoughts?" You uttered, taking a seat down next to him. Although he casually sat crossed leg, with one knee propped up to rest his arm, his golden eyes seemed distant, and his entire demeanour was sullen.

"Oh right, not penny. That's poor people. A billion dollars for your thoughts?" You lightly heartedly corrected yourself, wanting to cheer him up just a little.

Slowly averting his gaze to you, you felt a firework go off within your core when you saw him, almost unnoticeably smirk at your comment.

Looking at you smoothly up and down, Hisoka scanned your body.

"No shoes and eating ice cream in this weather? Are you trying to get sick?" Hisoka's silky voice asked indifferently.

Pouting a little, "But you are also sitting outside in the rain. You'll get sick too." You defended.

"I don't get sick. I'm a thousand times stronger than you." He neutrally commented. Neither playful nor serious.

"Hm, well so be it. You want to share what's bothering you? And don't tell me nothing is! I may have forgotten a lot of things but I can still tell when someone is sad." You pressed the matter.

"Only after you tell me what book is that, tucked in the jacket pocket." He avoided.

Looking in the jacket, you pulled out the book. "Oh this book! I found it in my cupboard today. Decided to read it. Hihi, I'm kind enjoying it oddly."

"A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare? You reading Shakespeare?" Hisoka questioned.

Rubbing the back of your head nervously and bashfully, "Y-yeah. Why? Is there something wrong with it?"

Giving you a curt smirk, Hisoka lightly shook his head. "No. It's merely a beautiful language." He commented.

"Ah! I knew you were a Shakespeare guy. You have that vibe to you."

Arching his thin eyebrow, "That vibe?"

"Yeah. You give me classy and elegant Elizabethian vibes. A man with a refined pallet. And definitely one with power. I mean - " You motioned your arms in the direction of the entire yard and mansion.

Blinking slowly, another small smile crept up his lips, "Interesting. However, my home isn't as spectacular. They had palaces and castles. And courtrooms where commoners would gather for leisure." Hisoka added his input.