Chapter 44

Sitting in the small wooden 'row' boat. You turned on the purposely weak motor so the boat could romantically glide down the still river that was beautifully surrounded by pink petals.

 You turned on the purposely weak motor so the boat could romantically glide down the still river that was beautifully surrounded by pink petals

Gazing hypnotically up and around you, the ultimate content sigh escaped your lips

Gazing hypnotically up and around you, the ultimate content sigh escaped your lips. This place you saw on TV, looked exactly the same. If anything, better.

You felt teleported out of this world, and into a fairytale. Your heart stood still as your breath halted, frozen in time. Oh, how you wished you could freeze time right now. Stay in this moment forever.

Watching you silently, Hisoka saw the obvious happiness that radiated off you. Nothing but glee could be found in your eyes. Although it was risky and he wasn't too sure about this trip. He was glad he had caved into your request. Seeing you this relaxed and happy made it all worth it.

He'd rather see you this ecstatic than in excruciating pain any day.

"Can I?"

Withdrawing from his thoughts, "Can you what?" He questioned, analysing your shy but happy smile.

"Can I sit by you?" You asked.

Lightly huffing in amusement and relaxation, Hisoka casually parted his propped up knees for you to sit in between - expressing his agreement to your request.

Grinning ear to ear with excitement, you swiftly went over to Hisoka's side of the boat and turned around. Comfortably resting your back against his chest.

"I was wondering why you bought a small blanket." Hisoka commented as he watched you drape the blanket over yourself and him.

Instinctively, like second nature, Hisoka causally slid his hands around you - comfortably holding onto your stomach.

"I wanted to recreate the exact scene I saw on TV okay! The blanket was essential." You playfully replied.

Resting his chin on top of your shoulder, Hisoka peered over to you.

"You are such a child." He lowly teased, unintentionally enjoying the scenery too. Even for an indifferent murderer like himself, this place was heavenly.