4

Nanis pov

"Thanks al" I say while she drops me off.

I walk inside "I'm home!" I yell I see a bunch of nurf guns and swords on the ground. my sister comes down the steps "hey loser" she says going to the kitchen I laugh because I know she's kidding "hey jaz" I go up the steps. I walk past my siblings rooms and get to mine "lily where's mom?" I open my other sisters door and see her listening to music "store" she says I nod.

I have a big family. my sister lily who's 12, my sister Jaz who's 19, My sister Vivian who's 15, my brother Ray who's 20, my brother Chase who's 12 (lilys twin), and lastly my baby brother D a year old. all taken care of by my amazing mom. no dad, no he left couldn't take it he knocked her up with D then left.

I go to my room and look at myself in the mirror "honestly what am i doing." I ask. I look awful. and there's only 20 minutes till the game.

I fix my hair and make sure my clothes look fine.

I open the door to leave and remember I don't have a car. "mom?" I yell no answer "she's not home" Ray says coming down the steps. "ray can I borrow your car?" He looks at me confused "what the hell Nani where are you going" I look down "the game" I whisper "the homecoming game" I nod "your going to a social event?" I roll my eyes "just gimme the keys" he throws them at me.

I arrive at the game nervous shaking. I look myself in the mirror and breath in and out calming myself.

I get out an see tons of populars making out, druggies smoking, norms tailgating. they all stare at me because they know I don't belong.

I walk into the stadium as a warm breeze hits my face and I smile, it's gonna be fine Nani just go in.

I go and sit in the bleachers. "HELLOOO GOLD OAK" the announcer yells. I wince at how loud he is everyone cheers "WE WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE HOMECOMING COURT"

I look down at the field to see balloons making a path for the people to walk.

"First we have Annie Davis and Frank Travler" they say all of homecoming court and one catches my ear "And last but surely not least we have Valeri Thomas and Kian Lawley." I look down to see Valeri the most popular girl in our school in a red short dress walking arm in arm with kian in his football uniform. everyone cheers and I stand there straight faced.

"Our homecoming king and queen goes to..... KIAN AND VALERI" everyone screams and Valeri covers her mouth and jumps into Kian's arms and kisses him. I feel a sharp pain in my chest.

He smiles half way when the person puts the crown on his head.

He looks in the bleachers an locks eyes with me. I blush and wave.

He just looks down and turns back to Valeri. kissing her once again.

I can feel tears in my eyes and I run up the steps. "excuse me" "pardon me" I say pushing past people.

I run out to my car and once I get in I start to cry. "I know I'm a nobody but he didn't need to prove it" I say through my sobs. I start the car and drive as fast as I can home.

When I get there I open my front door and see chase and D playing on the floor with legos. "c chase he c can't have those" I say and more tears run down my face. "oh ya" he looks at me odd and picks them up.

I run up the steps and into my room. "Nani?" I hear my sister call my name I slam my door and flop face first onto the bed. I hear my door open and I look up. jaz. "Nan what's wrong?"

//////////////////

Hey girl! So I'm so excited about this book and I think it may be amazing. drama to come. C u soon xoxo💋.