38

Kian's pov

Nani has been standing up at the podium for I don't know how long now. I'm worried.

She introduced her self then dazed off. she keeps smiling then a small tear runs down her cheek. the principle stands and goes to walk up the steps when Ally runs over.

She whispers something to him and he nods concerned. she walks slowly up the steps.

"Hey nan" she says whispering but you can hear it through the mic. Nani jumps up and looks at her. Her smile fades and she looks down shaking her head. "oh no" she says shakily. the vice principle walks up. She hands ally a rolled scroll. she opens it and out of the corner of my eye I see, "congrats upper classman Nani Delgato"
her diploma.

Nani grabs it and looks back at the audience. she takes a gulp and breaths out clicking her nails. she bites her lip.

"You know" a tear falls down her cheek "it's been really hard" she says pointing to her stomach. I look down.

"I did make a gigantic mistake and it is again, extremely difficult. you know people told me that they were surprised I was still going to college. and I wondered why? Why were they surprised? Why does the world expect so little from pregnant teens? we are just like you but our tummys are a little bigger. When I first got pregnant I thought my world was crashing down. I thought I would never be able to do anything with my life, all my years in school I was a nerd. a full out band kid, drama geek, straight a's... When I told my mom I thought she was gonna leave me. to go rot on the street, but she didn't. She helped me, when no one else did."