XXIII. Nagini's Venom

Snape was in the Shrieking Shack which I found out by looking at the Marauders Map. When I realized that Voldemort was also there, I hid. The place was so dark that the bright moon was the only source of light.

"Perhaps you already know it? You are a clever man, after all, Severus. You have has been a good and faithful servant, and I regret what must happen." Voldemort said.

"My Lord-"

"The elder wand cannot serve me properly because I am not its true master. The elder wand belongs to the wizard who killed its last owner. You killed Dumbledore. While you live, the elder wand cannot truly be mine. You've been a good and faithful servant, Severus, but only I can live. Forever." He added.

He's going to kill Snape for him to own the elder wand.

"My Lord

"My Lord.." Severus pleaded.

"I must master the wand, Severus. Master the wand, and I master Potter at last."

The snake's cage was rolling through the air, and before Snape could do anything more than yell, it had encased him, head and shoulders and Voldemort spoke in Parseltongue.

"Kill."

I run and cover Snape. The snake bites me, Voldemort saw me and told Nagini to stop. Snape was taken aback. The venom is now coursing through my veins. I take a rest in Snape's body. Voldemort apparate.

"No, please stay with me." He murmured while his right hand is covering my wound. I cupped his face and wiped his tears as he cried. It's becoming increasingly difficult to breathe and I'm losing my strength.

"I'm sorry, Severus."

We apparate and he takes me to the hospital wings. He was yelling madam Pomfrey's name and she dashed over to us. He places me in a hospital bed. He's still crying and pleading to Madam Pomfrey to do everything to save me.

Forgive me for leaving.

SNAPE'S POV

"Please do everything to save her." I pleaded.

I saw her fighting for her life, but she later closed her eyes and stopped breathing. Madam Pomfrey said she had already given her an antidote, but she didn't know if it would save her because the venom had spread throughout her body. Only a miracle can save her.

"Let's see if the antidote is still effective." Madam Pomfrey mumbled.

I spend the entire day by her side, holding her hands and hoping that she wakes up.

ADELIA'S POV

I lay in a bright mist, though it was not like mist I had ever experienced before. My surroundings were not hidden by cloudy vapor; rather the cloudy vapor had not yet formed into my surroundings. The floor on which I lay seemed to be white, neither warm nor cold, but simply there, a flat, blank something on which to be. It's a place brimming with light and this utopia is breathtaking. I noticed a man approaching me.

"Father?!" I run over to hug him

"Father?!" I run over to hug him. He returned the hug immediately. "Where am I?"

"You're in the king's cross station that will be headed to after-death life."

"I'm dead?"

"It's your choice, Adelia. You can go back and you can also come with me."

"I need to go back, Hogwarts is no longer safe."

"Keep in mind that you have the abilities and power that Voldemort fears. You don't have to be concerned, my dear; you still have me to guide you from above. Adelia, I believe in you. Now, go back and enjoy your life to the fullest." I hug him tight once more and say thank you. I suddenly remember the elder wand.

"I have a question. Draco disarms you, didn't he? But Snape killed you. Who is the owner of the wand now?"

"The one who disarm me first."

Suddenly, I opened my eyes and began to breathe normally again. I'm in the hospital wings now. Snape was resting at my side, but as soon as I moved my hands, he awoke and summoned Madam Pomfrey. She examined me and prescribed medication to counteract any potential antidote's negative effects on my body. She left after I thanked her for saving my life. Snape ordered madam Pomfrey to inform Professor McGonagall that I'd awoken.

Snape took my hands in his and kissed my forehead "Don't try to save my life again." He warned me with worried eyes.

"Stay away from Voldemort. I'll protect you."

"Protect yourself as well."

He gave me time to recover so that I can regain my full strength.

I need to protect both Snape and the wand.