XXVII. The Battle of Hogwarts

The order of the phoenix has arrived at Hogwarts. My uncle, Aberforth Dumbledore has also arrived. I haven't seen him in a long time, and I'm delighted to see that he looks well. We only had 5 hours left and everyone is frantically preparing for the battle. I'm currently with Minerva and Mr. Flitwick.

"You realize, of course, that nothing we do will be able to keep out You-Know-Who indefinitely." Mr. Flitwick said.

"That doesn't mean we can't hold him up. And his name is Voldemort, Filius. You might as well, use it. He's going to try to kill you either way." Ms. Minerva said.

McGonagall raises her wand and pointed it in the direction of the Great Hall.

"Piertotum Locomotor!" yelled Minerva

Instantly, all along with the corridor, statues with a suit of armor came.

"Hogwarts is threatened! Man the boundaries and protect us! Do your duty to our school!" She said

As the statues head toward the viaduct, McGonagall watches them with pleasure.

"I've always wanted to use that spell."

I saw Mr. Flitwick holding his wand with his face grimly determined. McGonagall and other professors step forward to assist, wands raised high. Together, we conjured.

"Protego Maxima. Finato Duri. Repello Inimicum."  And a magical shield that expands ever outward, blooming over the castle grounds.

"  And a magical shield that expands ever outward, blooming over the castle grounds

I went to the Headmaster's office where I ran into Snape. He looked at me with concern in his eyes.

"What can I do to keep you safe?" I asked while cupping his face.

"I'm prepared."

"But I'm worrying."

"Don't worry, I will be fine. Now, Go! We are running out of time." I nodded as he said it. I was just about to walk away when he grabbed my arm and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Let's get married after this." He said in hushed tones.

"I promise." I replied.

I went outside and I was terrified by what I saw. The shield is almost destroyed. We command students to stay inside as Ms. Minerva directs. Hundreds of death eaters came and every one of us is engaging in the battle. There's nothing else I can do except to fight and defend myself with my shield. Statues fight with some giants and dark creatures while with his powerful Patronus, Aberforth can fend off hundreds of dementors. Many windows and bridges had been smashed and there was rubble and debris everywhere. Many things were blown up and destroyed. The beams of light arise from a wand and there are several dead bodies around. I need to find Snape and ensure he's safe, but a voice from Voldemort interrupted all of us.

"You have fought valiantly... but in vain. I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I, therefore, command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. Harry Potter, I speak now directly to you. On this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Adelia, I have the person you love the most. if you still want him to live, give me Harry Potter in the Forbidden Forest. Should you do so I give my word that no other life will be lost on this night. You have one hour. If at the end of that time, you have not given me Harry Potter, then I shall punish every last man, woman, and child."

I found Harry, Hermione, and Ron in the Great Hall. I saw many dead students and Mrs. and Mr. Weasley sobbing over a dead body. As I approached them, I saw Fred, fully injured and not breathing anymore. I saw my uncle on the other side. He had closed his eyes and also was not breathing. I knelt and cried. Tom took everything from me, and I won't let him take Snape from me.

"I promise, I will make it worth it." I said to Mrs. Weasley. I ran straight to Harry.

"It's time." I said and Harry nodded. He hugged Hermione and Ron for the last time.

We apparate to the Forbidden Forest, and there I saw Voldemort, Narcissa, and Bellatrix. I saw Snape being held by two death eaters. Hagrid is tied to the tree with a rope.

I gave Harry to Voldemort and said "Let them go." He chuckles.

"No! We trusted 'ye!" Hagrid shouted.

"Well done, Adelia. Thank you." Tom said and he frees Snape and Hagrid then we immediately apparate back to the castle.

NARCISSA'S POV

Voldemort takes a step forward and the flickering flames wash over his pale skin. He tilts his head to the side. A smile curls in his mouth.

"Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived. Come to die." He said and Nagini hisses behind her protective guard of Death Eaters. Harry's gaze shifts to her when Voldemort raises his wand. Scarlet flickers in his eyes. Then a bolt of green light shatters the night.

"Avada Kedavra!" He killed Harry Potter.

Voldemort collapses after a minute, and Bellatrix helps him in rising. I went to check on Harry to see if he was still alive.

"The boy. Is he dead?" Bellatrix asked me.

I place my hands on his body and surprisingly, he is breathing. I realized that this boy mastered death. For the second time, Voldemort failed to kill him. It means that Voldemort is destined to be defeated. I need to find my family and run away.

"Is he alive? Draco?" I whispered to Harry and he nods.

I turn to where Bellatrix stands alongside Voldemort. I nod and said "Dead."

They all cheer. The news seems to rejuvenate Voldemort. He eyes the Elder wand and smiles.

"Our work is done!" Voldemort said.