XVIII. Yule Ball

December 25 Christmas Day

I woke up and there was a small box with a red ribbon and a letter on my bedside table. I opened the box and found perfume in a small fragile bottle. I sniffed it and it smelled like roses. The name of the perfume is Adelheid. It means noble and that was the meaning of my name. I opened the letter to see who had sent it to me.

"Merry Christmas."
-Snape

I'm planning to use it for the yule ball later.

The Yule Ball was a traditional Christmas celebration held at Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament champions. As a result of today's holiday, all classes and matches have been canceled. I decided to go to Diagon Alley to get my dress and some other necessities for the yule ball later. I have a blue dress that I would like to wear. I brought it and returned to Hogwarts to begin the preparations. I conjured up a spell for my make-up and accessories. I spray myself with the perfume that Snape gave me a while ago.

(A/N: This is what her dress looks like)

My breath was taken away as I walked into the great hall

My breath was taken away as I walked into the great hall. There are three enormous Christmas trees. Luminous crystal chandeliers cascaded from the ceiling, illuminating the golden walls and a polished floor that looked like an iced-over lake beneath them. It was crowded with people who were all dressed beautifully. It has a scent that reminds me of a flower that I am familiar with.

In the hall, students and professors are dancing with their partners. They greet me with a smile and compliment me. My father was dancing with Professor McGonagall, Harry was dancing with Ginny, and Ron was dancing with Hermione. My eyes are still on the lookout for Snape, but I can't seem to find him anywhere.

"Do you mind if I have this dance?" It was Snape. He is still dressed in the same clothes as before. I chuckle because this man isn't into this kind of thing.

"I love to." I replied.

I put my right hand in his left hand, and my left hand on his shoulder. His right hand is resting on my waist. In another word, we're doing a slow dance.

He looks just like a dream, the prettiest man I've ever seen.

"How's my dress?" I asked while my gaze fixed on his beautiful face.

He smirks and said "It's beautiful, as you are." I bow a little and break eye contact with him just to hide my smile while blushing.

"You like compliments"

"As long as it's from you"

"Then I would never stop complimenting you"

"You like seeing me blush all the time?"

"Yes because I know I'm the reason for it"

My dream had finally come true. I found a man who dance with me at the Yule ball.

"This is the first time I've had a dance partner."

"How come no one has approached you before?" He asked while his expression indicated concern. "What have you been up to all that time?"

"Waiting. But now that you're already here, the waiting is over." We smiled.

I lean my head against his shoulder. The music is lovely but Snape adds the wonder and beauty of my night. The violin adds a romantic touch to our dance. I only want to be with him at this point. A new song was played as soon as the violin stopped.

"When I first saw you that one day
You looked at me, like the sun, like destiny
When I see you, my feelings in my frozen heart
Bloom like pretty flowers in warm spring
This is dreamlike love don't you know yet

You always change me
I'm happy to be here
The excitement that comes to mind when I see you
I was hidden by the clouds abovе
But you look at me with your heart, love so sweet, so bеautiful I can feel it

At the same time
Always stay with me
Until I can protect you from the pain
You're my only love from heaven"

"You used it." He said.

"The perfume? Yes, it smells so good." I replied

"I'm happy that you like it."

"I admire everything that comes from you."

"It's the same for me."

"I have something for you as well and Aurora will take care of it." I said, to which he responded with a smirk.

He danced with me until the party was over, and I thanked Snape for the wonderful night. It was a magical night for Hogwarts as we celebrated the holiday season altogether.

SNAPE'S POV

I went straight to my room where I found Aurora and a rectangular box with a letter written on it. I saw a bottle of fire whiskey which is my favorite drink and Aurora flew after I read her letter.

"I'm sorry I can't think of anything to give you, but I hope you enjoy it. Please drink responsibly and have a Merry Christmas."

Love,
-Adelia

I smiled as I drink the whiskey.