XI. The Dreamless Potion

I was awakened from a dream.

Snape is with a girl by his side, who was dressed in a stunning white dress. It was as if they were on their wedding day. Even though we were in a large church, it was extremely boring and dark. There were only three people present: the priest, Snape, and the girl. Nobody could see me because I was invisible, like a ghost. Later, the girl begins to sob and runs away. I followed the girl and saw her with another man before they apparate. I went back to Snape, where I saw him crying. I wipe away his tears.

My dream came to a sudden end. I wake up with tears streaming down on my face, which I quickly wipe away. I tried to sleep again but I was unable to do so, so I decided to go outside and get some fresh air. It was after midnight, and the hallway was completely dark. Although I was using my wand to see my way, it happened that I bumped into someone. I pointed my wand toward that person, and the person also lit the wand. I was taken aback when I saw Snape.

"How come you're still awake?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, I have just awoken from a bad dream."

"I see."

"How about you? What are you doing up so late?"

"I'm on my way to inspect the castle."

"May I help you?" I asked and he nodded. We walked together in the hallway.

"Severus, I'm sorry but may I ask you something... personal?" I asked, and he raised his brows in response.

"Have you ever been in love?"

"Why did you suddenly become interested in that?"

"I-I'm just curious. You know... we are friends and friends should know each other, right?" I said, and we continued to walk.

"I do. It was all began when I was nine years old. I used to have a friend named Lily, who was born as a muggle. Lily and I both grew up in the same neighborhood. We were both excited as we awaited the day when we would be able to attend Hogwarts together. I was the first person to tell Lily that she was a witch, and I went on to teach her everything she needed to know about the wizarding world. We started attending Hogwarts when we were eleven years old. She was sorted in Gryffindor, whereas I was sorted in Slytherin. She was one of the most brilliant witches of that time, and her abilities, skills, and knowledge continue to astound me. Then there's this one guy named James, who was in Gryffindor as well, and he has hate against me because I'm Lily's friend and because I'm a Slytherin who is interested in dark arts. He likes Lily. One day, I called her a filthy mudblood and she hasn't spoken to me since that day. She also discovered that I am interested in dark arts, which she finds repulsive."

"So you love her?" I said and he nods

"So much. When my father abused both my mother and me, Lily was my only escape."

"I'm sorry, I had no idea you had such a tough childhood."

I'm sorry for not being there for you during your difficult and lonely times.

SNAPE'S POV

"How about you? Have you ever been in love?" I asked then she smiles. She nods.

"He was my first love and It was love at first sight. He didn't know that I exist because I'm always hiding and that tree is where I always keep an eye on him from afar. Every morning, he sat in a quiet place and read a book with no one around. He reads very quietly so I was unable to hear the sound of his voice. I rescued him after finding him locked up in the dungeon one day. I saved him from that day on until he graduated and left Hogwarts. I never saw him again. I hope I meet him again."

You've found him again. I'm the first man she's ever loved.

"What if you cross paths with him again?"

"I'm not sure I recognize him anymore; all I knew about him was that he was a Slytherin who enjoyed reading and writing poetry." She answered.

She is correct. Even if I admit that it was me, she will not believe me.

ADELIA'S POV

We ended up walking to his office, where he said he would go get something. I waited outside. After a minute, he came back with a potion. As he handed me the potion he said, "Drink it."

"What is this?"

"It was a dreamless potion." He stated, and I smiled. I drank it in front of him and thanked him.

"Go back to your sleep." he said, and I nodded.

"You too, goodnight." I said with a smile and then walked away.

SNAPE'S POV

"You too, goodnight." she said as she turned and walked away.

She had no idea that it was because of her that my night had become more beautiful.

What exactly am I saying? What is it that makes me smile? What was it about her that made my heart beat so quickly?

Do I like her?