XVI. Red Chrysanthemum

Today marks the start of Hogwarts' summer vacation. I chose to stay at Hogwarts with my father and Snape. I take advantage of the opportunity to play the piano in the music room on the fifth floor. I played my favorite song, which my mother taught me when I was a child. I still knew the song by heart, so I sang it while playing the piano.

[A/N: Play the video at the top while reading]

"Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?  Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you"

SNAPE'S POV

I bought a Red Chrysanthemum flower from Floriblunders Florist and I'll give it to Adelia. I'm not sure if she'll like it, but the meaning of this flower is "I love you."

I went to her office but she wasn't there

I went to her office but she wasn't there. I was startled to hear the sound of a piano coming from the music room. I went there and saw her playing the piano while singing. I can't take my eyes off her.

She noticed me. I approached to give her the flower I had purchased. With a smile on her face, she accepted it. She smells it and says, "Thank you."

"Do you like it?"

"Of course."

"You sang and played very well." I said, which cause her to hide her face because she was blushing.

ADELIA'S POV

The meaning of the flower is "I love you." I can't help but smile when I see it. We went to my room to get a flower vase. I placed it beside my bed so that I could see it every time I slept and awoke.

"Should we inform Dumbledore about this?" He unexpectedly asked. I believe he is referring to our relationship. I nodded.

We went to the Headmaster's Office and we saw Professor Minerva and my father.

"We have something to tell you"

"What is it, my dear?"

"I and Snape are-"

"In a relationship" Snape continued and I saw my father and Professor Minerva's reactions. I can't believe they were both smiling. I suddenly feel relieved.

"Congratulations!" Professor Minerva said as she embraced both me and Snape.

My father approaches me and hugs me as well. He pats Snape's shoulder and looks seriously at him.

"Take good care of her." My father stated.

"I will." Snape said.

"Then congratulations to both of you!" My father said. It made me happy.

Snape and I decided to go to The Leaky Cauldron in Diagon Alley for dinner. We found a table for two. Snape ordered a beef, lamb, and Guinness stew, and I ordered a chicken sandwich. In addition, we ordered a dessert and a butterbeer.

We enjoyed the meal as much as we have enjoyed having each other. Their food is delicious.

"Do you like their food?" I asked and Snape nodded

"Do you like their food?" I asked and Snape nodded. I'm glad he's enjoying his food. I was just watching him eat while I was also eating. He is so precious.

I notice a mess on the side of his lips. I get a cloth and wipe it away.

I smiled and said, "I'm glad you're eating so well" before continuing my meal. I want to cherish this special moment with him.

We finished our meal after an hour. We decided to go for a walk and look around the shops outside.

I take his hands and lock my fingers around them. He was taken aback, and all I could do was smile. His hand is huge and cold.

"Does my hand feel warm?" I said, and he nodded.

All of a sudden, it rains. We don't have an umbrella, so we run faster to find a shop that sells umbrellas.

I noticed that he was breathing heavily. We went to a shop with a roof for shelter.

"You're running so fast" he exclaimed while catching his breath.

I burst out laughing. "You can't run that fast? Is it just that you're not used to it, or you are getting old?" I teased him. His face became upset, but I just laughed.

The rain stopped after a few minutes. I decided to buy some books, a quill, and other essentials for teaching. He also purchases some potion ingredients, materials, and bottles. Our hands are still clasped together as if we don't want to let go of each other. It just feels so nice. After that, we apparate and return to Hogwarts.

That was our very first date.