XXIX. The Counter-Curse

SNAPE'S POV

I was about to accept the reality that she was dead when all of a sudden, a beam of light appears from her body. I don't know what is happening but I saw her, breathing again and opened her eyes as the light faded away. I have no idea what happened, but the important is that she is alright and alive. I help her to stand up.

"What happened?" I asked her.

"Those three words saved me. It's your love who saved me." She said.

"I promise you, I will always tell you how much I love you." I said and wrap my arms around her.

Let's start to create a new beginning for Hogwarts.

ADELIA'S POV

Everything was well at Hogwarts. The Death eaters were arrested by the Ministry of Magic and immediately sent to Azkaban. Everyone is in the Great Hall at the moment, dressed in all black as we won't forget those who fought and sacrificed their lives during the battle. The funerary urns with their names and candles are there, as those bodies were cremated yesterday. The following day, they were individually buried in Godric Hollow with a plaque.

I approached Mrs. Weasley and said "I'm sorry." And she thanked me.

Fred is one of the most sincere people I've ever met. His family, particularly his twin brother, George, will miss him greatly.

I came to my uncle's grave, which is just beside my mother's. I used my wand to give them a wreath of white flowers.

"We won." I whispered as I sat in front of them.

I also went to Loch Arkaig, where the location of my father's grave was. I placed the Elder's wand on his tombstone. Harry told me that the wand should be returned to him. I told him that all was well now.

I miss them so much.

I went to the pier, which was quite a distance from Hogwarts. I simply stand there and take in the view from above. All of a sudden, Severus came and stood next to me.

 All of a sudden, Severus came and stood next to me

"It's beautiful." I stated, referring to the sky.

He held my hand and said "You're more beautiful." I smiled.

"I have something for you." He said.

He pulled something out of his pocket and knelt in front of me unexpectedly. I saw a small black box and there's an exquisite ring on it. Tears began to fall from my eyes.

"You are the one I've been waiting for my entire life and you are also the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Adelia, would you marry me and be my wife?" He said.

I didn't hesitate to nod and said "Yes!" after which he smiled and stood up before placing the ring on my finger. He gently wipes away my tears and kissed me on my forehead. He wraps his arms around me.

Our hands remained firmly intertwined together as we gazed at the sunset together

Our hands remained firmly intertwined together as we gazed at the sunset together. The idea that he will be mine forever is the best feeling in the world. My heart is filled with feelings of joy and love.

I'm his fiancee now.

SNAPE'S POV

I prepare two glasses of wine as we celebrate our engagement in my office. She had a smile on her face as she looked down at her ring. Like me, she's happy. I couldn't take my gaze away from her; she was breathtakingly beautiful when she smiled.

"When do you think that day will be?" She asked. I smirked.

"If only I could marry you tomorrow, I would. How about next month?" I suggest.

She nodded and said "Alright. I'm so excited."

"Me too." I said.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. I opened it and saw Ms. Minerva.

"Our dinner is ready and we're waiting for you two. Are you busy?" She asked.

"No. We're just having a party because of this..." Adelia said and she showed the engagement ring by showing her hand. We smiled.

"Congratulations!" Minerva hugged her.

"When is the wedding date?"

"Next month." I said.

"Then we should inform everyone!" Ms. Minerva stated happily.

We smiled as I nodded and said "We will."

We are working on our wedding invitation. We invite Hogwarts professors and staff. We decided to invite the order of the phoenix and Dumbledore's army as well. They promised to help us with our wedding plans. They all congratulate us.

I'm excited about our wedding