XIV. The Aurora Borealis

SNAPE'S POV

Adelia has been assisting me in making the potion more often. Additionally, she assists me every night in inspecting the castle. I've been with her often and each day, I learn a little more about her.

She likes poetry

Whenever we had free time on the weekends, I'd find her reading poetry in the library, which was her favorite genre. In the end, I agreed to go with her. She always asked me to read her favorite part. Her favorite tone of voice is mine.

She's thoughtful

As usual, she sat next to me at dinner in the great hall. She looked at my plate, then went to get some meat and gave it to me.

She smiled and said "Eat. You need proteins." then she resumes her meal.

She's selfless

I'm walking to the Quidditch Stadium when it begins to rain. I was about to apparate when someone called and handed me an umbrella. It was Adelia.

"Hey, walk a little faster next time!" She said. I rolled my eyes with a sigh.

"I can apparate."

"You have to walk too!" She continued as she dashed toward the stadium without an umbrella.

She's fair

We were walking together when we noticed a Slytherin student bullying a Gryffindor student.

"Mr. Madison, I was listening to what you said to Mr. Hardy. 10 points from Slytherin. You will be expelled the next time I hear you insulting others. Return to your classroom." She said and Mr. Madison walked away.

"Return to your class." She said as she patted the Gryffindor boy's hair. He nodded and went back to his classroom.

She's determined

Hagrid selected her assistance in his quest to catch a unicorn from the Forbidden Forest. He stated that he intends to use it in his class. I followed them secretly. Adelia went to the forbidden forest with a bow and arrow that Hagrid had given her. I kept up with her and saw the unicorn. She got herself ready and aimed her arrow at the unicorn's position. She focused her attention by closing one of her eyes.

It took only one arrow to hit the unicorn's eye.

She likes stars.

She invited me to observe the star tonight from the wooden bridge. Suddenly, a shooting star showed up. I noticed Adelia's eyes were closed.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Wishing." She answered.

"What did you wish?"

"I wish he's fine and happy right now."

"Your first love?" I asked. She nodded.

I'm fine and happy right now.

I, too, closed my eyes and cast a wish to the stars above.

I wish she would stay by my side.

ADELIA'S POV

The following day, I was waiting for Snape in the Great Hall. He arrived and he saw me as well.

My time stops, and my heart flutters when...

He looked at me in the eyes.

He approached me while holding a book.