Chapter 2

"Um.." I said.

"Hi.." Jeremy said, sitting down next to me. "Look.. I just.. I don't blame you. I wouldn't have called your mom 'ma'am.' I'm not even really sure if I'm ready to move in yet, but my dad already bought a ring."

"What?" I asked, a bit loudly.

"Yeah.. I had to go with him," Jeremy sighed. "He's gonna pop it any day now. Look, we can get through this together. Maybe you won't even like my dad. He's not all that great, and honestly I hate him three-fourths of the time. But, we gotta get through this, and I figure since we're both gonna have to go through it we might as well team up and do it together."

"They sent you out here didn't they?"

"No, I had to shove my dad out of the booth to get here," he said, staring at his shoes.

"Fine. I guess we might as well. Since she's gonna make a split a room anyway," I sighed.

"Wait, what?" Jeremy cocked his head and raised an eyebrow.

I nodded. "Yeah. Roommates. Yay." I flailed my arms in the air. He laughed softly.

"Well, I mean. At least you have good music taste." He pointed at my shirt.

"You like Blink?" I asked. He nodded. "Maybe this won't be so bad after all..." Jeremy smirked slightly and stood up. He offered a hand and I took it. I brushed myself off and shoved my hands in my pockets. Jeremy opened the door for me.

I slid back in the booth, now on the outside. Jeremy did the same. Our parents stared at us. "Thank you, Jeremy. And Jeff, I promise she's never like this," Mom said apologetically.

I glared at her. She gave me a look to knock it off but I just kept giving her the death glare. Jeff cleared his throat. "Tell me all about you, Lendzie."

"My name is Lendzie. That's all you need to know," I said. Mom glared at me. I shrugged.

"Ah, well, tell me about your hobbies."

"Music," I said. Jeremy smiled slightly.

"Anything else?" Jeff asked.

"No." I expected my mom to start the whole 'sir' thing again, but she just left it.

Now it was my moms turn to poke at Jeremy. "Jeremy, tell me about you."

"There's nothing to tell you about," Jeremy shrugged. His dad gazed off unhappily.

"Well what are your interest?" shee asked.

He sighed. "Music." I smirked.

"Oh, so you two will get along just fine," she smiled. I groaned and Jeremy just rolled his eyes. "So, Jeremy, what school do you go to?"

"North Marion. It's literally up the street, and the only high school within about forty-five minutes of here. So, I'm assuming that Lendzie is going there too so you don't have to act surprised and yell 'wow! Lendzie is going there too!'" Jeremy said. Mom seemed a little upset with his answer. Jeff glared at Jeremy.

This whole thing is gonna be interesting.

I smirked and picked up a menu. Everyone else copied and eventually we ordered.

Jeremy looked up at our parents as we ate. He slid my phone across the table to him. I glared at him, but he ignored me. He put it on the table and slid it back.

I picked it up to see that he had inserted his number. I nodded slightly and put my phone down.

I slid his phone over to me and put in my number. I slid it back over to him.