Chapter 31

"Anyway. It's like.. eleven," Jeremy said. "We ain't got nothin to do. What do ya wanna do?"

"Mm... I don't care," I responded. "We could watch TV or go roam the streets. I don't really care." I shrugged.

"Grab your skateboard," he smiled. I untwined our legs and ran up the stairs. "Throw me my shoes!" he called. I tossed his shoes down the stairs. "Thank you!" he called.

I pulled on my Converse and grabbed my skateboard.

Jeremy grabbed a skateboard. It was black and had GLDN on the bottom.

We cruised the streets for hours.

-

"Let's go to bed," Jeremy said, yawning as we walked in the front door. I nodded as we walked up the stairs. We tossed our skateboards in the closet and I headed for my bed while Jeremy went for his.

-

"Fuck," Jeremy whispered. I heard him get up. He probably just has to pee. I rolled over. I heard Jeremy opening the closet door. I raised an eyebrow and rolled back over. I turned the lamp on.

Jeremy looked in, blushing wildly. "What's wrong?" I asked, rubbing my eye.

"Nothing! Everything is fine! Perfectly fine!" he said loudly. I raised my eyebrow and stood up.

He backed into the hallway. I walked out and he looked like he might break down crying. "I'm sorry," he choked.

"What..?" I asked.

"I peed the bed again!" Tears rolled down his cheek.

"Why are you crying?" I asked, grabbing his arm.

"Because. I'm embarrassed beyond anything you can imagine." He sobbed. "I just peed the bed again in front of my... my crush."

"Wh-what..?" I asked.

"Like I've said, I like you," he sniffed. "Can you get me another pair of underwear..?"

"Yeah.." I nodded, backing into the bedroom. I grabbed him a pair of underwear from his suitcase and turned around to hand them to him. He was standing in the bathroom doorway. "Here," I said, holding them out to him.

"Thanks," he whispered, swallowing hard as he took them.

I stripped the sheets off of his bed and took them downstairs. I came back up and took the blankets down.

Jeremy came out of the bathroom. "What took so long?" I asked.

"I had to rinse off." He sighed. "You stripped my bed for me?"

"Yeah."

"There was pee all over those."

"Yeah, I know. I've been waiting for you to come out so I could wash my hands," I said, walking past him. I walked out to see him sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. "What's up?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"I pissed myself," he said quietly. "And then I cried about it."

"I'm sure it's all normal.." I shrugged. "Besides, you had coffee before bed didn't you?"

"No, that was last night," he said.

"Oh.." I said. "Whatever. It's fine." I rubbed his back.

"I peed myself!" he yelled.

"If you're this worried about it, go see a doctor," I said.

"I know how to fix it." He sighed.