Chapter 3 - True Allegiance

Xelqua joined the game

Grian wobbled a bit at the brief dizziness, a short lasting side effect of joining a server. He then smiled, feeling a strange sense of comfort in being there. He knew he was safe from being caught there, smiling as he spawned into the corridor. He hummed a tune as he walked through the spawn point halls, looking around the beautiful place.

"This place really is mystical, but I wish the call wasn't so sudden." Grian sighed to himself.

"Oh, there you are, Xel!"

Grian turned to whoever called him, smiling as he already recognized the voice. "Good day, Zyno." He greeted his co-worker/partner.

"You know, it's really been a while since you've last been here in person." 'Zyno' responded as he walked besides Grian. "Been busy with that server?"

"Mhm. Keeps me entertained enough though." Grian replied. They walked out of the spawn area, and out to the beautiful outer dimension. The correct term for it in minecraft biomes would probably be "Shattered end islands". A lot of islands were floating around, big and small, and the void was really visible from up high above. Semi-modern buildings and bridges connect islands to islands. Ordinary players would put it down to some form of glitch, due to the nature of the terrain generation, and the inhospitable nature of the already usually inhabitable dimension. "Although I'm glad to be back, I don't really appreciate the very sudden call."

"I can agree, it was pretty sudden." Zyno looked around the dimension, still interested in it even after living there for more than 5 years. "Usually there's a notice or two before getting called. I wonder what Jaxa has to say - has to be important for this short notice."

"Is the HQ still in the same place?"

"Oh right, you haven't been here in like 3 years- yeah, it's in the same place."

"It's certainly been a while, I can never be sure. Jaxa thought me returning here would be too risky, so I just never really visit often, and report only through messages and calls to you."

"A lot has changed since you left, I can tell you that." Zyno told him as they walked up the stairs/bridge leading to the upper part of the realm.

"I can imagine, 3 years is a long time." Grian replied as they walked into the main HQ building. As they walked in, the Watcher at the reception desk immediately took notice of them.

"Ah, welcome back, Zyno, and- ah! Xelqua! It's been a while since you've visited." The watcher greeted them friendly, then straightened up, seeming to be trying to act more formal. "Heading to the information division again? The head's office, to meet Jaxa?"

"Yep." Zyno responded to the watcher at the desk.

"Well, go right ahead, Jaxa is expecting you." The watcher gestured to the stairway next to the desk.

"Thank you, Yiera." Grian said, before leaving with Zyno and going up the stairs. Going through the right halls, they eventually made it to the Information division HQ.

"Hey, it's been a while since you've been here, right?" Zyno spoke up, starting another conversation. "Last time you came, you didn't have the chance to even come here."

"True." Grian nodded. "I still remember my first time going here and meeting Jaxa. Oh boy, was it awkward."

"Mhm, I also remember. I was also there, remember?"

"Oh yeah, I remember."

"Ah yes, the new recruit, Xelqua." The girl watcher was sitting behind the desk. She was the head of the information division, Jaxa. "Come in!"