Chapter 11 - Purple Gas, Save for Last

X, Impulse, Mumbo, Scar, False and Iskall crept towards EX's supposed secret lair.

"It says that it should be around here somewhere," Xisuma murmured, looking into the holograms of his comms as they walked.

Mumbo nervously glanced around the place as he followed. They were outside the main continent, in some sort of forestry location. "X, you sure this isn't a trap?" He asked, little effort to mask the uncertainty in his voice.

Xisuma hesitated before answering. "Pretty sure, but we're prepared for the absolute worst. That's why we have False, cause she's scary enough for all of us."

"Thank you," False said, half sarcastically, half amused. She rolled her eyes light-heartedly. "Y'all are just wimps."

X sighed but replied in an equally sarcastic manner. "Hey, look, it's not every day that your supposed evil brother just suddenly appears and kidnaps one of your friends. Though I do have some embarrassing stories I can use against him if it comes to that. There's one involving him and a stapler that's quite funny."

"That's nice and all, but we should be there now." Impulse announced nervously, looking back at the mapped holograms and the area, "Any plans?"

"Scar, don't bump into anything. Stick with Iskall, they're not so clumsy-"

"I don't like this trust you're putting on me, X," Iskall murmured.

"You'll be fine, trust me. Iskall and Scar, you search the top floor. False and Impulse go for the basement, me and Mumbo can take the ground floor."

"How do you know there's a basement?"

"Trust me, he's melodramatic enough to need a dark basement."

"Alright then, let's do this."

"Stay on comms as much as possible, I've linked them up to headphones so you should be good."

They all nodded in silence. They looked upon the not-so-hidden entrance on the mountainside.

"So- we're going in?" Mumbo mumbled.

X kept silent as he touched the rubble of the rocks. "Unfortunately, yes." He sighed, before turning around. "If you see him, don't engage, stay safe, and most importantly, stay alive."

"Well, that's terrible for me." Scar muttered, but no one really heard him, everyone was pouring most of their attention to the task at hand, and everyone was feeling an equal amount of tension.

Reluctantly, they finally entered the base.

.

..

.

X had to remark that it was considerably better than what he had expected. First off, he didn't expect his brother to actually have proper building skills, like damn, quartz? Terracotta? It looked far better than he thought it would. He had to give him credit for that.

But looks don't really matter much when you're trying to infiltrate the area to look for your friend which your brother supposedly kidnapped. And that was exactly what he was doing.

He walked around the pretty spaced corridors of the lair, a nervous Mumbo just following behind. They tried to keep some level of sneaky, trying their best to listen for any external noise, counting footsteps and making sure theirs aren't noisy.