Chapter 30 - As Much as a Death Wish it May be

< Tango > how?

< Tango > why are you here??

Behind the visor, crimson eyes were boring into the hologram. There was emotion in those eyes, though they remain unexplainable, even to the one who bore them.

He breathed, keeping his nerves down as best as he could. Reluctantly, a hand of his reached out to type out a reply, though when his fingers touched the keypad, he instead realized why he despised the device so much. The screen trickled as electric magic gathered around his fingertips, sparking, somehow holding.

The green holograms, the admin magic, it all reminded him of his brother. He had to swallow his guilt-like disgust, an inside scream that constantly bubbled in his chest, fixing the frown on his face. The remembrance was very much unwelcomed, he despised it. He didn't want to be reminded of where he was before all of this.

It was pointless to think of the past. He's tired of these useless, pitying memories of his, ones he wishes to never resurface. He forced everything out of his head, directing his focus back to the screen.

Though, evidently, he couldn't think of a reply. Maybe that was enough? Should he elaborate? Tell Xisuma how dumb he is? Monologue? What was he supposed to do in this situation? What was appropriate to do in these weird circumstances? Fuck, why the hell would there be anything appropriate about these circumstances!?

He should be feeling proud that he was able to get this far, he should be happy. He isn't in the slightest. He doesn't want to realize that. He feels sick.

"Oh, come on," an irritating voice suddenly erupted from behind, and he definitely didn't jump in surprise. "Hurry with it already!"

It irked him enough to stop him contemplating, at least. He rolled his eyes with a tch, not bothering to face the other.

"For all your other unredeeming qualities, the least you could have is a bit of patience." He forced a cool tone, though he didn't care enough to keep it polite.

The person snickered, and oh that may be the most annoying noise he's ever heard his entire life. "I wasn't paid to be patient, mind you. I'm only here for the promised battle."

One thing he knew, fate was definitely not on his side. He's bond by some sort of horrible misfortune that he keeps being put together with insufferable, incompetent jerks. The first were his old friends, next were the watchers, then his own brother, followed years after by Grian, back to the watchers, and now this edgy teenager in a metal suit.

His voice irked a part of his brain. He couldn't place a finger on it, but it did. A part of his mind reminded himself to not give in to the temptation to punch, though he ended up replying again out of sheer annoyance, snapping. "Aren't you a knight? Aren't you people supposed to be proper, polite, and honorable?"

"That may be true for him, but I'm not some goody two shoes."

"Please," He wanted to kick himself for saying that word alone, but that's just how infuriated he was, "if you may, shut your jaws before I nail them together."

"Go on, then."

EX gritted his teeth, but was he was not in the mood to continue this unnecessary back and forth.