Chapter 6 - A Pair of Demons, a Pair of Fighters

"W-what?"

"Yeah- I know this is really sudden." Jaxa sighed. "But the higher ups have deemed the server and the people in it as threatening, and want them gone."

Grian went silent. From beside him, Zyno shot a questioning look.

"...But you don't have to make a move immediately, though," She continued as it seemed Grian wasn't going to - or just simply couldn't - answer. "You have until the end of the month to make a first move, so you can take your time to plan your steps and stuff."

If he had gotten this order 3 years prior, he probably wouldn't've thought nor hesitated too much. But now, he felt as if he couldn't move, his heart silently shattering as he thought of it.

But yet, he knew. It doesn't matter whether or not he wanted to. He had to do it. That was a fact. He was a watcher, and he's bound by the creed.

He slowly looked back up at the shorter watcher, and nodded. "I'll do it."

But maybe saying that was a mistake. At least it felt like one to him.

His thoughts were still going on and on like a trainwreck as he now walked out of the Watchers HQ alongside Zyno, who had the same questioning look from yesterday.

"So- we're supposed to meet with a new recruit around the outer islands, right?" He said to his partner.

Zyno nodded. "Yeah, I think so. Apparently they're going to help us on the mission."

They started travelling through the realm. The more they walked out of what was considered the 'main realm', the more shattered and unbalanced the islands became. The only thing that stood there were small food and drinks joints, and what seemed to be small buildings. Bridges were getting more and more common.

"This is the spawn point." Zyno said as they reached the place.

It was a small, but sturdy island. A Magic circle stood in the middle of it, and surrounding it was some end rocks, with ancient runes paved into them.

Grian remembered his first experience here, when he was teleported here after just joining the watchers.

"They're supposed to be here any second now." Grian muttered, looking back at his notes from watcher comms. "We should probably just wait."

After a few seconds, the circle sparked up. Magic, alongside galactic letters filled the air, and the letters on the runes lit up.
On cue, two figures appeared from the middle. At first, they were just purple silhouettes, but then, the area flashed, and now two watchers stood in the middle of the previously empty magic circle.

"Good evening, Xelqua, Zyno." The taller watcher greeted the two, a faint smile forming between their mask. They gestured to the other watcher. "This is Axvier."

"Yo!" The much younger, and shorter watcher smirked. They had bright yellow blond hair, and underneath the watcher robes, they wore what seemed to be a white and vibrant red t-shirt.

Grian's lips twitched with a smile at the upbeat attitude coming from the new recruit.
"Hey Avxier! My name's Xelqua, he/him - I heard you were helping me and Zyno with our mission?"