XVII - Trust No One

The hosts were up on the stage announcing the start of the finals as we were in our green rooms cheering them on as harder as we can.
I performed 23rd while Italy performed 24th, so i'll be able to see Damiano and the band.

60 minutes later
Everyone did amazing so far and we were offered a little break from the show and we can move back to our studio rooms to touch up our makeup and other stuff.
In total there were about 20 performances, so in 2 performances that leaves me and maneskin to perform.
I sipped my coffee as Elle came rushing in.

,, Cindy, please tell me you didn't see the news?!" she says out of breath.
,, i didn't, was i suppose to?" i said looking at her worryingly as i got my phone from the table.
,, Cindy whatever you do, don't open twitter or any social media platform.. do it after your performance" she said calming down.
,, now i really want to see what's going on" i said intrigued.
,, Cindy, believe me you don't wan.."

But it was too late..
On the website of the biggest news channel the headline read:

Damiano Has Two Girlfriends??!
Worldwide stars Damiano from måneskin and soloist Cindy,fooled everyone with their sweet Eurovision Love.

As the anonymous stated: Damiano has a girlfriend back in Italy, where she watched how he was all sweet and lovey with the singer.

Her name is Georgia and they have been dating for 4 years, as the anonymous person says that Giorgia has been crying 5 days straight because of what he is doing with the singer who is probably not aware of the situation.

How will the soloist accept this news we are going to find out by her performance on tonights finale of Eurovision at 9 p.m sharp.

Released: 30 minutes ago

I didn't have the words to describe what i felt at that moment.
It's like the whole world fell apart.

,, Cindy are you okay?!" Elle said as i went a little pale.
,, no.. no i'm okay." i said as i got up from my seat.
,, where are you going??" she said holding me by the hand.
,, do you know this girls instagram" i said desperately.
,, i think so it's @xxxxxxxxxxx " she said as i went to look for some proof.

I started scrolling down her instagram desperately trying to find some proof of these news, and as i went down everything was clear no sign of Damiano or the band.
But i stopped when i saw a familiar figure holding this girl on his lap. I had a breakdown.

I dropped the phone to the ground as i held my tears back and sat down on the couch.
I couldn't believe it. I shouldn't of have believed anything he ever said to me.
I quickly archived all the pics we had and all the story highlights.

It was the time to go back to our green rooms but i didn't have the strength to see his face.
I had to recollect myself for a few moments while i was late for 5 minutes when the 22nd performance began.

The staff team burst into my studio room as they told me to quickly put my in ear monitor and grab my mic since i was next.

I quickly wiped my eyes and rushed to the backstage entrance when the 22nd song finished there were commercials on the tv to set up my stage.

'Trust No One' i said to myself.
' you're stronger than this, don't you dare cry, you have to make your country proud, don't let a man slow you down' i thought as it was the time i had to go up the stage.

I went to the stage as the song began.
It's now or never i said as i put on a fake smile and began to burst with fake energy.

The performance finally came to an end.
It was the first time i wanted to get off the stage so badly.
As soon as i went off stage i ran to Elle and began crying, no one said anything.
Everyone just watches backstage and there were some cameras filming the moment.

After the performance i had to retouch my makeup and go to my green room while Elle and Francisco ( guitar player) held me so that i won't fall if i fainted.

We sat down and immediately Elle gave me some candy to eat to get my sugar level up a little.
The last thing i wanted to do is sit here and listen to Damiano sing.

I sat there as Måneskin performed, but for some reason they put on the tv the pre recorded version.
I watched with gloomy eyes as everyone danced around me, but France was the only green room that was sitting down.

Italy finished their performance and they went off stage. Their performance was the last one so there was a commercial break so i could go wave to my mom and my sister in the audience.

I saw Damiano trying to come to our green room to speak with me but the band members stopped him as i quickly ran to my mom that came down from the audience.

,, i'm not gonna ask if you're okay, because i know you are the most confident girl i ever met, so when you find the time and place please talk to Damiano" said my mom
,, mom i really don't wanna promise anything, and i really don't wanna mention Damiano right now" i said as i hugged her and stayed in her embrace till the end of commercial break.
,, we are really proud of you, so you better head back to your seat, the voting starts in a bit sweetie" said my mom as i slowly went back to my seat.

The hosts really outdid themselves as they sang and everything so i took that chance to go backstage to wipe off the tears that were in my eyes as i looked back from mom to Damiano.

I went through the corridors until i finally found a bathroom.  I closed the doors as i wiped off the tears that threatened to fall every second.
When the door flew open..