XXII - Goodbye

Damianos Point Of View

After going back from the club and almost loosing my sight to the paparazzi, i went to my hotel room where i showered.

I checked my phone one last time as a message from Cindy lit up my room.

,, can we talk tomorrow?" she asked

,, of course we can.. maybe tomorrow at 4 pm?" i replied back.

,, sure, i will send you the location" she said.

I fell asleep right after that but got woken up by Victoria at 3 am.

,, hey asshole, get the fuck up" she said as i replied half asleep ,, what the fuck" .
,, i wanted to tell you that Cindy was really hurt.."
,, also please.. go easy with her tomorrow.. she is really broken to the point she won't look at anyone in the eyes." she said as she left my room.

After what she said. I couldn't sleep all night.

In the morning..

I got up, and immediately noticed the dark weather.
I had no plan this morning so i just got dressed and i packed my luggage trying to kill some time.

After that i sat at the hotel lobby waiting for the time for our conversation.

When it was finally the time to go, i called a cab.
It was numbered 28.. what an irony.

I went in and after 4 minutes i saw the cafe and Cindy in front of it.

I can't describe this feeling at all. I got so emotionally connected to this one person that it hurt for me to see her sad.

After a couple of minutes i got the courage to go up to her as we went inside the cafe.

I ordered two classic coffees to keep us energized for the rest of the talk that we were about to do in the cafe, you sat on the right corner which i loved because i got to look at your beautiful face..

While waiting for the order it suddenly started raining.

I didn't have any particular emotions connected with the rain but i knew it was gonna rain because of the clouds this whole day, but i didn't know it wad gonna be now.

,, This miserable rain.. it's gonna destroy our day.. gosh."  i said at the loss of words.

I didn't hate the rain. I find myself enjoying it sometimes.. But it's a shame we didn't get a day longer.

No one knew how to start the conversation, so we just enjoyed the comfortable seats while we were at it.

The waitress came to our table with our warm coffees.
I watched her as she drank her coffee, as i didn't have the energy ti consume anything todayz
After a few minutes of watching her i asked:

,, Are you gonna call me after you leave?" with a hint of sad emotion behind the words..

,, I don't know.. maybe, i loved our conversations.. but it will be uncomfortable for you"  she said looking anywhere expect me.

,, I loved our conversations too.. i would love to be in touch with you." i said finally finding the motivation to sip the coffee."

But i knew you were gonna avoid my calls, my messages, and my posts with captions dedicated to our little adventures that we had and all those little details..

,, Should i drop you off at the airport..?" I asked again feeling the need to.

,, How kind of you.. but it's right after this street.. also.. Elle will be waiting for me there with my luggage.." she said fidgeting with her fingers..

I looked through the window again and my gaze softened as i saw the rain again.. I really wanted to stay here for a bit longer.. but she broke the silence.

,, Look.. Dami.. I have to go, the plane is here in about 15 minutes.. i also have a lot to do tomorrow.." she said as i only focused at her nickname for me.

,, yeah.. yeah.. you probably should go.."  i said with pain in my eyes.

,, anyway.. i will call from time to time, just to stay in touch.. just for my gut to be at ease for leaving.."

,, that would be.. great" i said looking down at my shoes.

But i knew for sure, you weren't gonna call , and that i won't call you.. Both of us knew that was a lie yet, we still said our goodbyes.. I had so many reasons to call you, but you had a million more reasons to not answer. It all became clear..

We both stood up and went outside the cafe while we stood underneath the little space of the roof that the rain didn't touch.
,, I should call a cab.." she said calling it and after 3 minutes it showed up.

I was terrified of this moment. Because i knew she would be leaving ne as we would say our last goodbyes.

I opened my arms to feel your warmth one last hug, and that hug almost broke me.. I didn't want to let it go. She moved away from me, looked at me one last time, and while she was getting in the car she said one final ,,Arrivederci" (Goodbye).

I stood there helplessly as the cab drove her away while i started crying but nobody noticed because of the rain.
A lot of tears were cried that day.

And the most ironic part was that the cab that helped me come to her to say my apologies was the same cab that was taking her away at they moment as i chickened out.

The taxi was numbered 28.