𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ─

CRUSHING yet another sheet of paper aggressively, the frustrated lass threw the paper ball into the overflowing bin of crushed papers right across her

she let out a tired groan as she tugged her hair in annoyance, feeling the urge to tear another sheet that was filled with messily scribbled lyrics she was utterly discontented by.

however, the door to her study room creaked open, successfully averting her attention to the figure who stood by the door.

needless to say, the moment she saw a strand of ash-gray hair peeking out from the other side, she already knew who it was.

it was her best friend, her other half, her soulmate; park seonghwa.

"struggling with the lyrics?"

seonghwa's soothing tone had somehow brought relief to her as a smile she had struggled to put on earlier was easily plastered on her face, for she knew her savior was finally here to save her day.

a silent chuckle escaped his lips when his eyes fell onto her tiny pout before squatting down to her eye level, knocking her gently on the head in the process.

"han seola," he began, his brows furrowing as he took a quick glance at the floor, one that was now flooded with crushed papers. "look at the mess you've made."

rolling her eyes at the latter whom she knew was a complete neat freak, seola reluctantly stood up from her seat before pushing him aside to pick up the crushed papers from the floor while he silently eyed her from behind.

"this seems pretty good to me." her head snapped back at seonghwa's statement, eyes widening in shock when she realised what he was holding in his hands.

specifically what he took out from her drawer that was filled with many of her previous works.

"WAIT⎯ you can't read that!" she gasped and snatched it from his grasp almost immediately, protectively hiding it behind her back.

the lad only clicked his tongue in response, finding slight amusement at her behavior as his lips gradually turned into a smirk.

he loved teasing the lass, and he just couldn't miss this golden opportunity to do it once more.

"a love song, huh? who did you write this oh-so-sweet song for? you even kept it in your drawer. bet it's for that new guy in class." he teased, nudging seola's sides that eventually led to a painful slap on the back of his head.

"oh, shut up. plus, what new guy?" seola questioned, simultaneously stuffing the crushed papers deep into the small trash can across the room.

seonghwa shook his head in disappointment, jokingly, of course, knowing just what to do to push her buttons. it was like a hobby for him, for it simply brought him nothing but joy.

"i didn't quite catch his name, but i heard the girls going on and on about how he looked like a puppy." he rattled off, squinting his eyes to remember what his classmates were squealing about the other day.

"not interested,"

despite seola's soft mumble, it didn't go unheard by seonghwa, who nibbled his bottom lip to prevent himself from breaking into a smile.

a smile of relief and satisfaction.

"stop standing there looking like a complete fool and help me with this." he was shaken back to reality when she gently flicked his forehead as she pointed towards the half-written lyrics sheet, her little pout finding its way back to her lips.

the lad swore that he would've dropped dead by then, feeling his face steaming as his heartbeat picked up by the millisecond.

she was instructed to come up with lyrics for different genres of love songs which seonghwa found rather easy to do considering how he was an expert in that field.

and as the saying goes, opposites attract, which explains why the two always stuck to each other like glue.

"of course. anything for the princess,"