─ 𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ( 𝖿𝗂𝗇 )

HALTING right before where the two of his most precious friends rested, a bitter smile slowly crept onto yunho's pale face

with one hand holding a bouquet of flowers, the other held a strawberry cake he had bought along his journey to visit them.  

"happy birthday, han, and you too, hwa." he began, setting the items in his hand down as he took the cake out of the box. making sure that the candles were brightly lit, a smile etched at the corner of his lips before his eyes fell back on them once again.

"i never got to celebrate your birthday with both of you, but i hope you are spending your special day up there together with the brightest smiles on your faces. i love you guys so much, more than ever. "

clasping his hands in realization, the lad remembered the rice cakes he had specifically gone out of his way to buy. he knew it was their all-time favourite food.

"i even brought your favourite rice cakes from mdm lee!" showing it off to them, a sudden wave of sadness washed over him, yet he was quick to dismiss it.

tidying up the area around him, yunho remained seated before them, finding slight comfort in the silence surrounding him.

it was only after a few minutes did he notice the piece of paper poking out from his bag as he reached out for it, flattening the slightly wrinkled sheet with his hands.

right, seonghwa's composition. 

"i'm so sorry i couldn't give this to seola in person, hwa. i just know that she would be the happiest to see this right now."

seonghwa had been secretly working on a song all this while, one particular piece that he wished to dedicate to seola. a song that would accompany her when he could no longer stay by her side, one that could comfort her in her loneliest times.

he had intended for yunho to pass his newly composed song to her when she returned from their trip, yet it was deemed impossible when seola had unexpectedly joined him in his leave. 

however, the song now brought comfort to yunho instead and he cherished it more than anything else. to him, it was something that held millions of memories he had made with them.

feeling himself starting to choke up with emotions, he decided it was finally time to go, for he definitely did not want them to catch a glimpse of him crying again.

"i guess i'll be taking my leave now. i'll be back before you know it, so don't miss me too much!" yunho let out a chuckle, swiftly grabbing his belongings in the process. 

"goodbye, angels," giving them a final wave, he turned around and headed for the entrance, only to bump into someone else on his way out. 

"i'm so sorry⎯"

the lass looked awfully familiar to him, and it only dawned upon him after a few seconds that it was the same girl he had first bumped into by the train platform.

the staff member that served them in the cafe he went with seola on their first date.

ah, seola again . . .

bitterly chuckling to himself, yunho acknowledged haru with his lips pressed into a thin line, walking off before she could utter another word.

his mind was situated elsewhere, his heart occasionally tugging at the random thoughts of seola bombarding his mind.

he knew that it would take a lot for him to fall in love again, to fall out of love with his first love, but those were the very least of his worries now.

all he wished was for his loved ones to have happier days from now on, for them to never come across a single day filled with frowns or sorrows because all they deserved were happiness and love from each other.

the two were undeniably soulmates, the universe could tell, and he hoped for things to stay that way even up there because nothing will ever feel more right than seonghwa for seola and only han seola for park seonghwa.