nineteen

CLEARING his throat awkwardly, seonghwa caught the lass's attention as she spun around in his moveable chair to face him

she tilted her head in confusion, a brow arched at his somewhat hesitancy to speak. "spill,"

"w⎯ well, how does going on a trip sound? just the two of us," he spoke ever so softly, his words barely audible to seola.

"i mean, there is still a long time before school reopens, so i thought we could maybe spend a night together somewhere nice." seola eagerly nodded her head at his suggestion, eyes glistening with ecstasy. no doubt was she up for it.

"i would love to!" pouncing onto seonghwa, they fell onto the bed as his arms wrapped around her instinctively.

taking this rare opportunity, seola snuggled into the crook of his neck, never wanting to leave his warm embrace.

she, too, had missed him dearly. likewise, for the lad, he simply wished for time to remain stagnant right there and then.

peering over at seonghwa, seola felt her cheeks warming just from staring at his gorgeous self, whose eyes were currently shut.

if only you were mine . . .

"i told you that you'll have to pay up if you want to stare at this work of art, didn't i?" seonghwa muttered, earning a slap on his chest to which light chuckles instantly escaped his lips. 

"well i've booked a villa by the beach for two days⎯ the one we used to go to every year on our birthdays," seonghwa added as if reading seola's mind.

unable to contain her smile at the thought of going back to one of their most treasured places, this sight had easily erupted millions of butterflies in the lad's stomach.

she was indeed his angel.

although, seonghwa was snapped back to reality when seola's smile eventually turned into a pout, his heart dropping at her following words.

"where would we go on our birthdays then?" she asked, looking at seonghwa with the same puppy eyes he adored.

their birthday, 8th of june. 

it was a few days after their first encounter when they learnt that they shared the same birthdays. the two only got closer ever since, celebrating their birthdays together every year as though it was a routine for them.

however, seonghwa knew that the previous year was, unfortunately, their last, for he wouldn't be able to make it this time round.

"we could decide on a place when it's nearer," he breathed, hoping that the shakiness in his tone goes unheard by seola.

seola only nodded along, her sweetest smile creeping on her face once more, but it only brought more pain to seonghwa this time.

i'm so sorry, princess.

"why are you the one looking so dejected now! we could always go somewhere else like you said," seola chirped, not fond of the now heavy atmosphere hugging them.

all seonghwa could do was flash her a bitter smile, his eyes unable to meet hers for fear that he would only spill the beans.

"yeah . . . next time,"