seventeen

PACING around the room in distress, a chain of relentless sighs escaped seonghwa's mouth as he ruffled his hair in frustration

he was told his days were now numbered, only having less than a mere week to spare, leaving his mind swirling in a complete mess.

he had told himself to think on the brighter side for when the day eventually came that seola finally found herself a good man.

yunho came along as though he was a gift sent from the heavens, and he knew that yunho would take good care of her exceptionally well.

but, even so, his heart could never seem to calm down at the thought of letting her go, of leaving her behind.

in fact, as the dreadful days went by, his heart only ripped up more and more, for it hurt to know that he couldn't be the one for her.

"you're such a fool, seonghwa."

he muttered under his breath, eyes mindlessly staring at the ceiling before resting his arm above them.

all the memories he had made with seola over the years, be it good to bad, gradually resurfaced one by one, and it was only then that the lad had set his tears free.

he didn't mind the pool of tears that began staining his bedsheets as they streamed down the sides of his face, his sorrowful sobs being the only thing that resonated across the four walls. 

it was driving him insane. he missed her, he needed her, and all he yearned for was her, han seola.

"why me⎯ WHY! why . . . me?"

seonghwa cried hysterically, grabbing the pillows that lay messily on his bed before throwing them onto the ground without a single care in the world.

his mind went utterly berserk as he harshly tugged on his hair, his eyes bloodshot with tears.

at last, was he finally broken. broken beyond repair.

his composed self was long gone, now replaced by nothing but his true self, his genuine emotions. pure excruciating pain.

thrashing around the objects that laid stagnant in his room, the lad had lost any possible sort of control, his tears seemingly never running dry.

that only went on for minutes, eventually into an hour before everything went black.