sixteen

"YUYU, that's salt!"

seola sighed in disbelief, face-palming herself as realisation slowly hit her that letting yunho be in charge of the kitchen was a bad idea.

"we're going to get a stomachache if you don't hand the mixing bowl over to me, yunho." seola grumbled, hands crossed in frustration.

the lad had restricted her entry into the kitchen, wanting to make her a lovely cheesecake, but things haven't been going smoothly ever since.

seola was even starting to worry that yunho would be the reason, both of them might end up in the hospital afterwards.

"okay fine," admitting defeat, yunho passed his mixing bowl to seola as she scurried to his side. while seola busied herself with the cake, yunho, on the other hand, found himself lost in her immense beauty once again.

he couldn't help but be captivated by all of her, most definitely willing to spend the rest of his life mindlessly staring at her like this or living in this very moment, for sure.

and he would never complain.

playfully booping yunho on the nose, seola snapped him back to reality, the flour sitting at the tip of his nose still unbeknownst to him.

she chuckled as he tilted his head to the side, confused as to why she was sheepishly smiling at him, but nonetheless broke into a smile too.

he felt his heart skipping a million beats at her soft chuckles, for they were pure music to his ears. 

"you look adorable," seola cooed at the lad whose ears instantly turned bright red at her words. he knew too well that his heart would definitely not be calming down any time soon.

"oh right! hwa must be waiting for our call. shall we video call him now?" yunho asked excitedly, jumping on the spot when seola nodded in response.

the three had been having frequent calls with each other ever since seola moved in with yunho just to check up on one another, especially seonghwa.

"hey, lovebirds."

yunho blushed at the nickname but was quick to divert seonghwa's attention to their cheesecake that was still in the making.

"look! we're making cheesecake, and we can save some for you if you come over later." yunho showed off proudly.

"i don't trust food made by both of you, moreover a baked delight. are you sure you didn't add any weird ingredients to it?"

"don't you dare assault my genius hands, park." seola rebutted, sticking her tongue out at seonghwa.

shaking his head at the two, seonghwa listened to yunho's talk about how their day went, from what they did to what they ate.

the boys could literally talk about the most random things in the world while still managing to keep up with each other, sometimes even weirding seola out.

"yunho, you have flour on your nose."

only halfway through their call did seonghwa realise the powder-like substance on yunho's nose. "what⎯"

yunho paused, turning to seola, who only sent him a smile in return before he attacked her with more flour.

"jeong yunho!" seola exclaimed, looking around at the mess yunho made while a chain of laughter could be heard from the other line.

although laughters soon turned into vigorous coughs, which now worried both seola and yunho, who instantly grew silent.

"you alright, hwa?" seonghwa waved them off, telling them that it was nothing and that they should continue whatever they were doing.

truthfully, he felt another round of nausea hitting him and needed to make an immediate run for the toilet.

"i'll get going first. i'll talk to both of you later!

and with that, seonghwa ended the call, leaving both yunho and seola feeling uneasy.

"i'm sure he's fine." yunho cooed, trying to comfort seola in hopes of making her feel better, although it wasn't working as expected.

they were both undeniably worried for the lad who seemed to be under the weather the past few days.

you can't hide this forever, hwa . . .