six

"HELLO! you must be seola, i'm yunho

"HELLO! you must be seola, i'm yunho."

the tall lad swore that he saw seola sending a death glare at seonghwa, but was quick to cover it with a forced smile, slightly nodding her head at him as a sign of acknowledgement instead.

seonghwa had been going on and on about yunho the entire day, which resulted in numerous questions flooding her head. she had found this to be somewhat odd.

considering how she had never seen them talking to each other even once before, moreover exchanging greetings whenever they bumped into each other in the hallway, there was definitely something amiss.

now that school was over, seola thought that she could finally have a peace of mind from his nonstop blabbers, but only found herself sitting right before the real trouble.

"seola's a little shy when it comes to meeting strangers, so don't mind her," seonghwa broke into a nervous chain of laughter at seola's not-so-warm welcome, trying his very best to break the ice between the rather unfamiliar classmates. 

yunho rubbed his nape shyly, feeling his introverted side jumping out of him anytime soon at the lass's cold response.

he was mentally thanking seonghwa on the inside, for he definitely made everything less awkward between them.

"shall we grab lunch together?" seonghwa suggested with an audible excitement in his voice as he slung an arm around them, his eyes full of expectancy.

though seola wanted to reject his offer and immediately leave for home, wanting nothing more to do with her classmate, she was undeniably starving and could feel her tummy grumbling for food every few seconds.

thus, giving in to her hunger, she cheekily smiled at them before nodding her head in agreement as seonghwa wasted no time in dragging the two to their go-to shop.

☆彡

yunho found himself gawking his eyes out at the duo, who had their tables filled with a variety of street snacks on them.

he never knew one could eat that much food in a sitting while all he could do was mentally pray that they wouldn't get an upset stomach later on.

"are you only going to eat that?" seola arched a brow when she found a plate of spicy rice cakes in front of yunho, a complete opposite of what seonghwa and her had ordered.

it wouldn't even be an exaggeration to say that they almost ordered the entire menu.

the shy lad scratched his nape, flustered by the sudden attention he received from the two before starting to dig in too. they were no doubt the best spicy rice cakes he had ever eaten in his life.

the three ate in silence, with seonghwa gobbling down his food as if it was only his first plate whenever he reached for the next while seola was eating at a constant pace without even stopping to have a sip of water.

it left yunho astonished every time he looked up to find each of them already emptying one dish when he wasn't even done with his.

"quit staring, or i'll finish your food for you." seola broke the silence, slightly irritated by the puppy boy who couldn't seem to take his eyes off her.

feeling his cheeks warming up, yunho was quick to mumble a soft sorry before popping the last rice cake into his mouth, making a mental note to himself that he should never get on the lass's nerves.

despite the three being dead silent, seonghwa's dejected sigh went unheard by the other two sitting before him. 

it was painted clearly that his plan wouldn't be as smooth sailing as he had initially thought it would be.

yunho was too shy and terrified to get the ball rolling while seola simply couldn't be bothered by his presence, wanting nothing more than to escape the awkward tension between them.

all he could do was silently hope that the two would somehow form a bond before he would lose his only chance to bring them together.

before he eventually runs out of time.