─ 𝗘𝗣𝗜𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 ( ⅕ )

» CHAP ELEVEN ::

           » CHAP ELEVEN ::

painstakingly rummaging through his desk, did seola finally huff in defeat, plopping herself onto seonghwa's moveable chair.

she had spent the late afternoon in his room while awaiting his return from school, deciding that it was also a good time to catch up on her assignment that she had dreaded doing.

although, her plan didn't go exactly as smooth-sailing as she hoped it would, for she had not a single bit of inspiration.

"stupid love songs . . . " the lass muttered under her breath, her eyes busily wandering around seonghwa's room in boredom.

the romantic composition she had in mind involved lyrics along the lines of the likes and dislikes of both men and women.

the sole problem being that she didn't know what men liked.

hoping to find at least something that might spark her inspiration in seonghwa's room, she resulted in being cooped up in his room all afternoon.

"he sure lives such a boring life," she deadpanned as she spun in his chair once more, not before her eyes landed on his closet.

bingo.

scurrying over to his closet, seola began looking through his heaps of clothing, but sadly to no avail. she let out a huge sigh, ruffling her hair in frustration as she retracted her hand, only to come into contact with a paper ball.

knowing how much of a neat freak seonghwa was, she pulled it out from his sea of clothes with the intention of helping him clear the trash but monetarily halted when a bottle of pills fell out along with it.

she reached for the bottle before scanning through the foreign contents written on it, only managing to catch a few words here and there. they were pain medications, yet she had no clue as to why seonghwa needed them.

is he sick?

opening the crushed paper ball left by her side moments ago, her eyes instantly stung with tears as she swept through the document, her hands frantically finding the bottle of pills once more. 

these weren't just any painkillers. they were pills for terminally ill cancer patients.

millions of thoughts clouded her head as she clutched the object in her hands, barely able to keep her composure. 

she had no idea what was going on, for it simply couldn't be. seonghwa couldn't be terminally ill because she knew for a fact that he was completely well and healthy.

though, that was only what she wanted to believe while her face was stained with endless tears that couldn't seem to stop flowing out of her eyes.

he wouldn't keep something this important from me. no, he would never leave me behind . . . he wouldn't, because he promised.

author's note: i would recommend going
back to read the chapter mentioned at the beginning of each epilogue if you are confused by the setting of the first 4 epilogues ! these are the backstories of the events that happened in the book <3