ten

"UGH, i was assigned to write another love song!"

seola groaned in frustration, venting her anger at the poor lad who was in the midst of dodging the pillows on the couch being thrown his way.

stifling a laugh at the lass, seonghwa caught the last pillow that had nearly hit his face before throwing it back to her, earning himself a not-so terrifying death glare in return.

"what do you like, hwa?"

the question had momentarily caught seonghwa off guard, but he had thankfully knocked himself back to his senses before he could reply with an answer that seola would have probably least expected.

you.

shrugging his shoulders instead, seonghwa had seemingly annoyed her even further, leaving seola grumbling under her breath about how her best friend was always given a much easier assignment compared to hers.

she was always assigned a love song which she was absolutely the worst at while he always had a taste of every other genre.

"right," seonghwa began, catching seola's attention as she sat back up to face him, raising her brows, urging him to speak. "i'll be staying back in school tomorrow."

upon hearing his words, seola slumped back on the couch, sinking even further in if it was still possible to do so. she hated it whenever she was left all alone at home.

"but i'll be buying your favourite boba on my way home," seonghwa cooed, his hands readily brought up to her rosy cheeks as he gently cupped them.

turning seola to face him, the angelic smile on his face was more than enough to melt every inch of her heart.

"i want two of them," seola mumbled, the evident pout on her lips no longer visible at the mention of her favourite beverage.

ruffling her hair, the latter had broken into a fit of chuckles and gave her a slight nod. "anything for my princess."

seola felt her heart momentarily stop beating before it began palpitating at full speed, seemingly unable to get used to how easy it was for the boy to drive her insane.

princess was indeed a cringey nickname he had given her, but it would be a lie if she said that she didn't find herself blushing each time that word had left his lips to address her.

nevertheless, it was a nickname she would only allow him to call her.

seonghwa, and no one else.

the two ended up spending the rest of the day cuddling on the couch, enjoying the company of each other's warmth and presence while the movie playing in the background solely became the only source of sound cutting through their comforting silence. 

ever since the two had befriended yunho, seola could barely remember the last time she had even a little alone time to spare with seonghwa. thus, she made a mental note to herself to cherish this very moment with him to the fullest.

☆彡

"i'm on the way there, mom." a tad bit of frustration had laced in the boy's tone, for it was already the umpteenth time his mother had called to make sure that he was on his way to them.

the weekends came, and yunho decided that it was finally time to carry out his role as a filial son.

choosing to pay his parents a visit, he ended up leaving his two best friends behind to spend their day together instead. he was, in fact, still going to see them at school tomorrow, anyway.

finding his way out of the busy train platform along with many others, he had failed to notice someone walking in his direction, briefly colliding into her before he could halt in his steps.

a string of apologies had left yunho's lips almost instantly as he reached out to catch her from falling, the latter looking up with her face completely flushed.

it took less than a mere second for her to realise their significant height difference as yunho gazed down at her, her cheeks gradually growing rosy in embarrassment.

"i⎯ i'm sorry for not looking where i was going." she stuttered, barely able to regain her footing before looking up again, the two unknowingly locking eyes once more.

"HELLO? earth to haru?"

the said girl jumped in surprised before turning to the phone in her hand, the ongoing call with her friend, long forgotten by her.

murmuring a quick sorry to yunho, who was only watching her every movement in silence, she scurried away in an instant.

though, her last words to her friend before she ended the call had undeniably left an unforgettable impression of her in his head.

"san, you'll seriously be the death of me one day!"