two

"HWA,"

        "HWA,"

seonghwa jolted up in surprise upon hearing a familiar voice as he squinted his eyes in an instant at the sudden ray of light that blinded him.

seola proceeded to pack her things, for she had already completed her mission in waking him up, wanting nothing more than to be home, all cuddled up under her covers with him.

the lad only let out a groan while he combed through his slightly messy hair, feeling a migraine hitting him soon. he had been exhausted for the past week, resulting in him falling asleep in class almost every day.

"you okay?"

seola arched a brow with a tinge of worry present in her tone at the sight of seonghwa's lethargic state.

seonghwa only nodded his head in response before standing up to leave the now empty classroom with the lass obediently trailing from behind.

shaking off the throbbing pain he felt in his head did he finally realise the time on his phone, his eyes widening in surprise at it.

it was nearly six in the evening.

"why didn't you wake me up earlier?" he breathed, turning to seola, who pressed her lips into a thin line at his question.

"you looked as if you hadn't gotten a good rest for days, so i figured i should just leave you be. plus, it was a pretty conducive environment to work on some songs."

the sides of his lips tugged into a weak smile at her words, praying hard that she wouldn't catch on.

"i'm fine. let's grab a bite, shall we?" seonghwa suggested, trying to change the topic, which didn't go unnoticed by the lass.

however, before she could even oblige to his request, she found herself dragged into the nearby spicy rice cake shop, having no choice but to follow the excited boy in.

seola settled down by the window seat at the wee end of the rather small shop as her eyes wandered towards the lad who eagerly jogged towards the counter to order their food.

though, a smile had unknowingly crept onto her face while a chuckle escaped her lips upon seeing the shop owner babying seonghwa like she always did.

they were frequent customers of the shop and were treated just like her children all the time because they always ate so well, especially seonghwa.

"mdm lee gave us so much food today!" coming back with two plates of spicy rice cakes and other snacks the shop had to offer, seonghwa's eyes glistened at the sight of the widespread food.

as he took his seat in front of her, he instantly dug in without a word.

"slow down, hwa!" seola chided when he ended up choking on his food, but still pulled his plate away from him before passing him a cup of water.

"you know that no one's going to steal your food, right?" she watched as he scratched his head in embarrassment, hurriedly gulping down the cup of water.

"but you do,"

he teased, causing a momentary silence between the two before he found himself getting attacked by the lass.