eleven

TEARS streamed down seola's cheeks like a broken tap as her grip around her knees tightened, barely managing to even catch her breath

her mind was swarmed with thoughts while her heart throbbed in immense pain.

the number of crushed tissues lying around her was more than enough to tell anyone that she had been crying for hours now.

upon hearing the door unlock, seola instantly hid her head between her hugged knees, trying to keep her rosy eyes and cheeks out of sight.

"princess?"

seonghwa called, yet her silent sobs were the only response he got in return. dropping the boba teas he had bought for her on the table, seonghwa ran to seola's side within mere seconds with worry evident on his face.

"what's wrong, princess?" he held her hands that were clawing the blanket thrown over her knees, gently caressing the back of them with his thumb.

seola lifted her head slowly, peeking up from her arms as she pointed at the television screen before them where a movie was playing.

coco.

"you were crying because of coco?" seonghwa questioned with a mix of both suspicion and confusion, lacing in his tone. 

"i hate you!" seola huffed, punching him in the chest with her fisted palms, startling the lad.

"why didn't you tell me that this movie would make me cry? i hate you . . . how could you hide something like this from me?" she bawled uncontrollably.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry!" seonghwa laughed at her reaction despite feeling a little flustered on the inside, for it was indeed just a movie, and this was the first time in years that seola had bawled in front of him.

he took a seat beside her, carrying her onto his lap as he cradled her, seola wasting no time in snuggling into the crook of his neck.

"i'll make sure to give you a heads up next time, alright?" seonghwa cooed, his fingers busily combing through her soft hair.

"how can i make it up to my princess?" turning his head to look at her, he flashed her a sweet smile that washed away all her sorrows in an instant.

or not.

"promise me something," seola began, her eyes watering with tears once more. "shoot,"

"promise me that you'll never leave my side and that if you do, you have to leave with me." she breathed, eyes never leaving the lad's as a tear rolled down her cheek.

seonghwa felt his heart momentarily halt its beating, his face so obviously losing its once vibrant colour, before he shook himself back to reality. 

nothere's no way. she doesn't know.

"of course. anything for the princess, right?" seonghwa hummed, caressing her face as he gently circled her cheek with his thumb.

i'm so sorry.