eight

"YUYU, did you hear that? i think i heard a fly buzzing around somewhere

"YUYU, did you hear that? i think i heard a fly buzzing around somewhere."

seola looked side to side, acting as if she couldn't see nor hear the lad who was waving his hands in front of her and her now, good friend.

yunho felt his cheeks turning crimson when she linked her arm with his, but it only got worse when she snuggled closer to whisper into his ear. no doubt did it cause the butterflies in his stomach to go berserk.

"i'm sorry for yesterday, yunho," seonghwa apologized, turning to yunho, who frantically waved his hands in front of him, reassuring him that it was fine.

"well someone should definitely learn to be this forgiving." seonghwa faked a cough, side-eyeing the lass who looked as though she was about to throw a punch at him.

wiping away his fake tears, it left seola rolling her eyes at seonghwa before she landed a flick to his forehead. "she made me sleep on the couch."

yunho only watched in amusement, slightly dejected when seola went running back to seonghwa whose face was scrunched up in pain but was quick to cover it with a smile as they headed for the classroom.

upon stepping into class, waves of laughter escaped their lips as they took their seats, with seonghwa and seola sitting together at the back of the class while yunho sat in his usual window seat.

everything felt the same, yet it was so different.

"so," seonghwa began, inching closer to seola, ensuring that the students around them wouldn't be able to hear him. the lass followed suit, turning to face him as her brow arched in confusion.

"how's it going with yunho?" seola felt her heart stinging at his words as she pressed her lips into a thin line, not knowing what to say.

ever since they got closer to yunho, everything that left his lips was about yunho or how she felt about him.

it was as if he was trying to let him take over his spot in her heart, and she wanted anything but that to happen because no one would be able to replace him.

absolutely no one.

feeling the tension between them building up, seonghwa only watched as she remained silent, seemingly avoiding his question by turning to their teacher, his question left unanswered.

"he seems to like you⎯"

"but i don't."

he knew what was going through her head, and he would do everything but to give in to what she wanted, for he knew just what the outcome would be. he couldn't bear to hurt her more than he already would.

a sigh left his lips when the lass continued ignoring him before wrapping his arms around her petite figure that was sprawled on the desk.

embracing her gently, he placed a soft kiss on the crown of her head, and only then did seola finally turn to him with a huge frown evident on her face.

i love you.

was what he wanted to scream at the top of his lungs to her. he wanted the world to know his immense feelings for her, yet he couldn't bear to see her hurt again.

he knew he surely would if his feelings for her came to light.

unbeknownst to seonghwa, the lass felt her heart thumping at his actions, wanting nothing more than to stay in his arms forever.

the pair were simply blinded by their own emotions, for they were way too oblivious to each other's feelings for one another.

anyone who knew them or had heard of them could easily tell how they were truly made for each other.

everyone except for themselves, because it was awfully crystal clear to the dejected boy who sat by the window.