one

THE sound of the ringing school bell resonated throughout the school, with the addition of groans being heard here and there

seonghwa only let out a faint snicker at this sight, finding the cycle that repeated every single morning somewhat laughable.

to him, school was really just school, and considering how he was studying a subject he loved with a passion, he came to grow a liking for it, unlike everyone else.

turning to his right was he finally able to get a better view of seola, who quietly walked beside him, barely catching up with his steps. he didn't mind it though, simply taking this as a chance to study her in secret.

he watched as her eyes were glued to nothing else but her phone as she typed in the lyrics she was still working on from the previous night while humming to the melody of the familiar tune.

"watch where you're going." he hissed, pulling her closer to his side when she was just about to bump into a student.

the lass simply flashed him an awkward smile, not forgetting to mumble a soft sorry before going back to her phone, which ended up getting forcefully taken away by him.

"hwa, i need to finish that by this week!" seola whined, jumping on the spot to hopefully retrieve her phone back from the taller lad who had only stretched his arm higher.

ignoring her endless pleads, seonghwa stuck his tongue out at her and swiftly grabbed her hand before dragging her towards their first class of the day, having no intentions of returning her her phone until the end of their lessons.

the two sat at their usual seats upon arriving at their classroom, the ones all the way at the back where people rarely diverted their attention to.

attention and dramas?

they wanted anything but those and became fairly well-known for their impressive composition skills instead which they were nonetheless proud of.

middle school being the first time they met each other, they instantly clicked like the missing pieces of a puzzle and were inseparable ever since. 

if not for the specific trait they shared, it probably wouldn't have led to the everlasting friendship they had today.

they were both orphans.

seonghwa was abandoned by his mother after the passing of his father, who started a new family of her own. on the other hand, seola had lost her entire family in a fire that broke out in her previous apartment.

having no one but each other to lean on, the two began living under the same roof ever since the start of high school, forging a bond stronger than any adversary could break.

"he looks so cute,"

seola rolled her eyes at her classmate's squeals before darting her eyes around to look for the famous "new guy" that apparently looked like a puppy.

sure he looked better than the average guys in her school, but she felt somewhat embarrassed for the girls as well as for him; jeong yunho.

seonghwa was the most handsome man to cease to exist in her eyes, but you wouldn't see her drooling and gawking her eyes out at him, would you? she simply couldn't comprehend how girls could do that with such oblivion.

"like what you see?" the lass didn't even bat an eyelash as she turned to flick seonghwa on the forehead, leaving the latter screaming in silence as he rubbed his now crimson forehead.

"what was that for!" he whispered, not wanting them to get caught by their teacher, who was already in the midst of her lesson.

"you deserved it." muttering under her breath, seola shifted her body back to face their teacher while the latter was left sulking quietly in his seat with an evident pout on his lips.

she briefly glanced back at the boy, secretly smiling to herself at his adorable, sulky state. she couldn't deny the fact that he truly looked like an adorable child who was banned from eating his favourite candy.

likewise, for seonghwa, he felt a brief wave of fondness towards the girl before finally paying attention to the teacher again.