thirteen

THE cafe was bustling with customers ranging from students to working adults, yet all that caught yunho's attention was the beautiful lass before him

time had flashed by in a blink of an eye, and it was already one week since he had asked seola out. nonetheless, it still felt surreal to him how the love of his life was finally rightfully his.

someone he could call, his girl.

"how's hwa doing?" yunho asked, earning a chuckle from seola, who took a sip of her caramel macchiato before placing it on the table.

"he's still in bed,"

seola began, the smile on her lips seemingly only growing more prominent than before. "he has been working on a song even before summer break started, and i guess he wanted to utilize this summer break to complete it."

"he stayed up all night revising the lyrics . . . i wonder if he's awake now?" the way seola's eyes glistened at the mention of seonghwa's name didn't go unnoticed by yunho, but he brushed it off, deciding to feign ignorance.

he had the girl, after all.

"i missed you lots," yunho muttered under his breath, his face gradually turning scarlet at the sudden words that left his mouth.

taken aback for a split second, seola composed herself, her cheeks unknowingly mimicking the puppy boy's. she was still in the midst of getting used to this whole new "relationship" with yunho.

"we just hung out with hwa yesterday, yunho." seola narrowed her eyes at him, who broke into an adorable chain of chuckles.

"but i still missed you," pouting his lips, seola felt her heart buzzing with warmth for the lad before her. he was indeed cute in her eyes.

she stretched out her hand, reaching for yunho's fluffy hair before ruffling it, her nose scrunching in the process.

his heart fluttered, and so did hers.

tearing his gaze away from the lass, yunho hydrated his parched throat with his chilled tea, knowing that he would only stutter if he spoke.

"here's your tiramisu, enjoy!" the momentary silence the couple shared was cut short when they were greeted by a staff member whose hand held a plate of freshly made tiramisu.

yunho looked up, his intention only to thank the staff, but instead, he was caught by surprise at the unexpected familiar face. she had left quite the impression on him the last time they met.

the train platform girl?

"oh! aren't you the person i bumped into at the train platform the other day?" the lass chirped, earning a nod from yunho as he broke into a small smile.

seola, on the other hand, eyed the two in confusion, her head tilting slightly at the unusual sight before her.

"i accidentally bumped into her the day i went to visit my parents. i didn't expect our second meeting to be here though." yunho introduced haru to seola, who only flashed an awkward smile in return. she wasn't the best with strangers.

"i'm so sorry about the other day, i was rushing to work and was all over the place." she rattled off, leading to yunho hurriedly waving his hands in front of her.

"it's okay, really. it was partly my fault for not looking at where i was going too." he was quick to jump in. "that's a relief then. well, i better get going now. do enjoy your cake!"

the couple nodded their heads at her before she swiftly made her way behind the counter, with yunho's eyes tracing along her footsteps.

her bubbly personality being different from how he remembered her to be, he grew rather attracted to her outgoing self. she was indeed way on the shyer side during their first encounter with each other.

"she seems like a sweet girl," seola hummed, already digging into the cake as yunho snapped back to reality.

"o⎯ oh, um yeah?" yunho stuttered, not knowing what to reply to her unexpected statement.

"hmm, after we're done with this, shall we wake that sleepy head up? we should pull another prank on him!" seola wriggled her brows at the lad who only looked at her with pure heart eyes.

she was the only one who had that effect on him. han seola, and no one else, for her happiness was most certainly, his.

leaning in to place a small peck on her lips, crimson red found its way to both yunho and seola's cheeks while the immense beating of their hearts were loud and clear.

"we shall."