three

FEELING the urge to puke once more, seonghwa ran towards the bathroom located right outside the hallway with a worried seola chasing him from behind

"you should really see a doctor, hwa." seola sighed in distress while rubbing circles around his back in hopes of easing his discomfort, but he only waved his hands in the air, too weak for words.

he didn't want her to worry, moreover skipping more days of school just to take care of him. "i'm bringing you to see the doctor tomorrow, and that's final,"

seola added sternly, proceeding to tug him in bed before he could utter another word while the lad simply brushed her off, mumbling something along the lines of how he probably just ate something wrong for breakfast.

it has been three days ever since he started feeling sick, which meant three days worth of school that both of them had already missed.

besides seonghwa, who only got out of bed whenever he felt the urge to puke, seola had also been running all over the place to tend to his each and every need.

"you should get some rest." scooting to the side, seonghwa patted the now empty space beside him, emphasizing the word you as he pulled her down to lie beside him.

he was starting to worry for her health, considering the fact that she hasn't even gotten a proper rest ever since he fell ill.

though, glancing at the clock on his nightstand, did seola finally realise the time. it was already way past noon, and she hasn't even gotten his lunch ready yet.

hastily jumping out of bed, she alarmed the lad in the process as she rummaged through his closet in hopes of finding a suitable hoodie she could use in her short trip to the nearby porridge shop.

"where are you going this⎯"

"TO GET LUNCH!" seola cut him off and rushed out of the house before he could utter another word, leaving seonghwa sighing to himself.

foolish girl.

whenever one of them fell sick, the other would always skip school to take care of the ill one, and it naturally became a habit of theirs that even their teachers knew of.

some would question the true relationship they shared, but whenever asked about it, they would only say that they were best friends, nearly siblings.

seonghwa winced in pain, feeling his migraine slowly coming back again as he reached for the panadol on his nightstand that seola had bought for him the other day.

there was only one sole reason why he was so adamant on not seeing a doctor.

a part of it was definitely because he didn't want seola to worry like she always did, for it would only make the tables turn, and she would end up falling sick after his recovery.

however, the main reason behind it was because he knew it wasn't just a simple flu or cold, for this wasn't the first time he felt this sick.

the last time this happened, he fled the hospital before seola could even reach him and came up with a random excuse to brush it off like he always did.

he knew that his time was up.